Snap override suggestion

1007.10 In reply to 1007.9 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the clarification on the tangent's behavior in Moi, I'll experiment further more.
I imagine I can use the freeform tool more than I do presently, It seems to work pretty well and the fact that the align command works on control points is quite amazing.

I used to work quite a lot with Autocad in a previous life, so I thought tangent operated in a similar fashion while constructing circles.

I remember a small script I've written in Autocad, It was useful to trace sketches.

1. -The first point was picked on circle or arc (with the tangent snap constrain)
  2. -Then it paused for user input for a second point. (which was the middle of three points)
  3. -For the last point the tangent constrain was turn on again. If the user selected a point not passing through circle or arc, it canceled the constrain and the last point could be positioned anywhere.

The project I am currently working on is a sweeped violin fiddle head, I really enjoy doing those kinds of shapes with nurbs (and especially with Moi viewports).

I had a Dxf 2d reference but somehow I lost precision while translating the dxf to AI path, endpoints were not connected and stuff like that. I ended up retracing it with the freeform tool using the trough points.

Regards,

Marc