Funny thing at the opposite of Moi ;)

4446.111 In reply to 4446.110 
Thanks Chipp! (Sorry for writing your name incorrectly up to now, I always thought your name was Chip P. Walters :) )

I'm currently happily swimming around in the lake of 3D Coat video tutorials, including yours.

I'm impressed by the versatility of 3D Coat. The highlights to me so far are:

• Very accessible and customizable UI. I'm very glad I could change the viewport navigation controls to what I'm used to, because sadly ZBrush doesn't allow navigation customization.

• Great and very flexible arsenal of primitives. Love the fact that they remain intact for further manipulation, and that you can instantly use Boolean operations when hitting Apply.

• Retopo tools. I did some first tests, comparing ZRemesher results to Autopo results, and most of the time Autopo has a slight advantage, especially when using curve guides. But the manual retopo tools are fabulous as well. 3D Coat will be my retopo tool for sure.

• I also love the many stroke types, including powerful curve tools. Curve tools are a weakness of ZBrush.

I still have to dive into the UV room and Smart Materials. Looking forward to that too.

Regards,

Metin

EDITED: 19 Oct 2017 by METINSEVEN