V5 Wish List

10114.389 In reply to 10114.388 
Hi Scott,

re:
> (sidebar question... can the default number of sides by set in the .ini file?)

The default comes from this line in the Polygon.htm file inside the commands install folder:

<td><moi:UnsignedIntegerInput id="numsidesinput" default="5"/></td>

You could change that to default="8" for example.

Another thing you can do is set up a shortcut key which will set it to a particular value. For
that you would put in this for the shortcut key:

Polygon numsidesinput=9

re:
> For example, if I'm using the current implementation correctly(?) for a CENTER drawn polygon,
> the TAB button cycles between SIDES and CIRCUMSCRIBED. To enter the desired CIRCUMSCRIBED
> dimension, I have to move the cursor to the XYZ data entry box to enter the desired dimension.

Yes you need to set distance constraint to control it currently, by entering the distance value in
the XYZ (or "d") input control like you describe.

The main reason why the polygon command doesn't have a radius input field is that it's not fully
defined by a radius value alone, it still needs a point to be placed to control the orientation of
the polygon.

I guess it could be possible to have a radius/diameter field there which would do the same thing
as setting distance constraint. One thing that's potentially problematic with that though would
be that there would effectively be 2 different spots where you would be setting distance
constraint and what should I do if you enter in a different value in one control vs another.

Another thing I've been meaning to set up for some time is a shortcut that would put focus in the
XYZ control always and not in the command option fields like Tab does. Like maybe Ctrl+Tab.

- Michael