V5 Wish List

10114.319 In reply to 10114.318 
Hi Mike A,

re: images and view reversing, please try setting up the following script on a keyboard shortcut. Then when you push the shortcut key, the view under the mouse will reverse and it will also handle hiding and showing the associated images at the same time:

script: /* Reverse view under mouse and switch images */ var vp = moi.ui.getActiveViewport(); if ( vp && vp.name != '3D' ) { var toshow = ''; switch( vp.name ) { case 'Top': toshow = 'bottom'; break; case 'Bottom': toshow = 'top'; break; case 'Left': toshow = 'right'; break; case 'Right': toshow = 'left'; break; case 'Front': toshow = 'back'; break; case 'Back' : toshow = 'front'; break; } var images = moi.view.getBackgroundImages(); for ( var i = 0; i < images.length; ++i ) { var img = images.item(i); var imgname = moi.filesystem.getFileNameFromPath(img.fileName).toLowerCase(); if ( imgname.indexOf( toshow ) != -1 ) img.hidden = false; if ( imgname.indexOf( vp.name.toLowerCase() ) != -1 ) img.hidden = true; } moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel.reverseView( vp.name ); }

It seems that this is only an issue when images are set to display above objects with transparency. Maybe I should look for images stacked directly on top of each other in the view in this case and not draw the one further away.

- Mike G