V5 Wish List

10114.221 In reply to 10114.220 
Hi Psygorn,

re:
> Also I have got another question for you! is it possible to rotate a desired curve along an axis while Array circular is used?

There isn't any option directly in the array circular command to perform an additional rotation on top of the one that it is already doing. But you could try using a combination of commands to get that effect, I'd probably try Array circular with the center point for the array at the center of the object with a vertical step applied. That will make a vertical stack of rotated objects and you can then arrange that onto a circle using Transform > Deform > Flow.

Another way you could do it is to make a vertical stack of unrotated copies and then apply the twist command on that.

> if you take a look at the attached file you will see a bunch of curves if you select them
> all and perform loft on them it MOI gives you an interesting shaped object! but
> unfortunately it is not closed! I wanted to know if there is a method to have the
> object just by using loft!

There's a "Closed" checkbox option in the Loft command for doing that:

>One more thing, I tried swipe and it gives me a closed object but there is a
> nasty twist at the end! How could I fix that?

You'll need to drag the seam point for each section to control how they are matching up with each other. It might be easier for something like this to make a straight version of it and then use Flow to apply it onto a circle.

- Michael
Attachments: