Converting a 3dm to a TGA
All  1  2-7

Previous
Next
isn't TGA image only? like for UV mapping, etc.. You could always print the view and upload it into photoshop or gimp and export it as a tga file.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
978.3 In reply to 978.2 
a sculptie map is different, it looks like just a mix of colors, it uses the colors as depth generators and once in Second life, when applied to an object, it creates the object that was made by a 3D program such as MOI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
978.4 In reply to 978.1 
Hi Anya, I took a look at the converter program, and it appears to depend on having some additional DLLs installed.

It looks like you should be able to download an installer for these DLLs here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE

I think once that is installed then the converter should work for you.

If that does solve your problem, could you please update the wiki page for 3dm2sculpt to mention this and post that download link above? Thanks!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
978.5 In reply to 978.4 
Nope, still having the same problems, still comes up with application config is incorrect.
I am not sure what else to do apart from going to a different 3d modeling software (which I don't want to do cause MOI is so easy to get on with)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
978.6 In reply to 978.5 
Ok I think I got it - you actually need this slightly updated version of that last one:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

I took a look at some of the guts of that 3dm2sculpt.exe and it was depending on the SP1 version of these DLLs, the previous link I posted was to the original (SP0) version.

It would probably be a good idea for that .exe to be rebuilt using the "static link" CRT option instead so that it would have everything build right in to the .exe instead of needing this additional install.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
978.7 In reply to 978.6 
wow, thanks for the link, it worked (even though it did split it into like 15 different maps, but I can work around that) will be posting that link on the Second Life site that has the 3dm2scuplt.exe.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-7