V4 beta Oct-10-2019 available now
 1-20  …  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  …  221-233

Previous
Next
9526.81 In reply to 9526.77 
This is what I was looking for.

https://vimeo.com/366468166

EDIT.

I see you replied while I was posting this :)

Thank you.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.82 In reply to 9526.80 
I am using the MAC version under Sierra. Yes the new window (line style options) are underneath the first window.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.83 In reply to 9526.82 
Hi tech, are there any other situations where that happens or is it only in that particular case?

What happens in the Options dialog if you go to the View section and use the buttons "Rotate/Pan/Zoom options" or "3D view angles" ? Do those sub dialogs come up in front of the main Options dialog or behind it?

Can you please e-mail me at moi@moi3d.com and I'll send you a test build with an attempt to fix it up. I don't seem to have a Sierra installation here to test with myself.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.84 In reply to 9526.83 
Hi Michael,

no, the sub dialogues in the settings open as movable windows on top of the main window, here is everything working. But when I try to modify one of the styles (blue, red, etc.) the same thing happens: The windows are placed at the upper boarder of the MoI window and cannot be moved around. Also the second window is underneath the first one.

I'll send you my email address per PM.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
In this video, is it a bug that I can't select a line that has peviously been dimensioned using the Angle tool unless I use the 3D view?
I don't think any of the Dimension editing options helped in moving the overlapping line to aid access.

https://vimeo.com/366480942

Thanks.
Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Would it be possible to have the Leader annotation type take the <> placeholder and show the calculated curve length as a dimension for a given line? Ideally, this would remain as a live-connection, so it would update the curve length while editing the original curve.

When drawing patterns for softgoods (bags, or even clothing) you'll often want to match the edge length of where parts/patterns meet - they share the same length, but not necessarily the same shape/curve.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I had the same problem with oversize type in the vertical dim and aligned dim just like beanworks. I was able to get it to show correctly by checking the "screen aligned" box in details menu.

Chuck
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.88 In reply to 9526.87 
Hi Chuck,

re:
> I had the same problem with oversize type in the vertical dim and aligned dim just like beanworks.
> I was able to get it to show correctly by checking the "screen aligned" box in details menu.

There's a bug in non-screen-aligned text display with models that have somewhat larger numeric values, meaning coordinates larger than 2500 units.

I've got a fix prepared but I'm going to wait for at least a few days here or maybe a week to get more bug fixes done then I'll make a new version.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.89 In reply to 9526.86 
Hi Fabien,

re:
> Would it be possible to have the Leader annotation type take the <> placeholder
> and show the calculated curve length as a dimension for a given line? Ideally, this
> would remain as a live-connection, so it would update the curve length while
> editing the original curve.

I would like to make it possible to put some different kinds of formulas in the text value but I'm sorry that won't make it in for the V4 time frame.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.90 In reply to 9526.85 
Hi Martin,

> In this video, is it a bug that I can't select a line that has peviously been dimensioned
> using the Angle tool unless I use the 3D view?

Yeah that looks like a bug, it seems that the dimension is blocking out the line from being selected. I'll investigate it, I'd think it should be possible to have curves go above dimensions so that doesn't happen.

Thanks for the bug report and video!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.91 In reply to 9526.90 
Cheers, Michael.

Is there a modifier key combination that can be used to toggle overlapping curves for selection in cases like this?

Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I am getting a graphic problem with the October beta in the 3d view only. It wants to make a cutting plane view when zooming in. This only occurred after playing with the new dimension features.

I updated my graphics driver and restarted, same issue. I tried to make a new document in beta4 but same issue. I then opened v3 and pasted only the solids in, success. Then I went back and got the curves not associated with dimensions and pasted those in, success. Now I have opened it in beta4 and the issue is gone.

EDITED: 16 Oct 2019 by GRENDEL

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.93 In reply to 9526.91 
Hi Martin,

re:
> Is there a modifier key combination that can be used to toggle overlapping curves for selection in cases like this?

Nope.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.94 In reply to 9526.92 
Hi Grendel, re: cutting plane problem - that's probably some bug in MoI gathering up bounding box information for the dimensions. It's not too likely to be a graphic driver problem.

If you run into it again can you please save off the file and send it over for me to test at moi@moi3d.com ?

There is a bug with dimensions at the moment where ones that are not screen aligned will be distorted if your model has coordinates greater than 2500.0 in it, possibly it's a side effect of that. That one can be kind of mysterious when trying to reproduce it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.95 In reply to 9526.1 
Finally downloaded the new Beta, and I am really liking the dimensions and details implementation. This is going to be extremely useful. Particularly once the full export functionality for dimensions is implemented.

I did run into a strange issue when it came to changing the font for dimensions and setting annotation. It seemed to have issues with (and an inability to use) some other face variations within a font family.

For example, whenever I selected the "Extended #2" face in the "Eurostile" font family I have, it would simply default to the "regular" face of "Eurostile".

Likewise, selecting the "Demi" font weight face, it would switch to "bold", etc.

Another quirk is that it will often change the size of the font to something ridiculously large when selecting a new face within a font family even if it had already been set with a smaller size.

For example, a text annotation would be set with a 18pt "regular" font, and simply changing it to "condensed bold" (same font family) suddenly it would jump the size up to 176 pt (or some other huge pt size). Of course I could then simply reset it back to 18pt, but it was a strange quick/bug to have the size setting change simply by selecting a different font face.

EDIT: In playing around some more, it seems that the increasing font size issue is a bug wherein anytime you select a new face, it incrementally increases the font size automatically.

For example, adding a new text annotation, it defaults to the UI font. Click on the "details" then changing git to a new font, steps it up from the 12pt "Open Sans" font (the Ui default) to a 30pt font. Even if not chaining gate face itself. Simply clicking on the font selection within the "details" window again, jumps it from 30pt to 85pt. Clicking again goes from 85pt to 227pt, etc.

It would also be a real boon to be able to delete any customized font setting so that it goes back to the default UI font setting.

EDITED: 16 Oct 2019 by LESTATDELC

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Will be fine to keep the last font used between 2 texts! :)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Seems the same for the dimensions themselves! Or maybe i miss something! :)

If you change the default font, the new one don't persist! :(

EDITED: 16 Oct 2019 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.98 In reply to 9526.95 
Hi Lestatdelc, thanks for the bug report!

> EDIT: In playing around some more, it seems that the increasing font size issue is a
> bug wherein anytime you select a new face, it incrementally increases the font size
> automatically.

I'm able to repeat this over here on the Mac version, are you seeing it on Mac or Windows over there? I'll investigate it.

> It would also be a real boon to be able to delete any customized font setting so that it goes back to the default UI font setting.

I'm not quite sure how to do this, I don't think there is anything set up in the font dialog to represent a "delete setting" choice.

Thanks, - Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.99 In reply to 9526.97 
Hi Pilou,

> Seems the same for the dimensions themselves! Or maybe i miss something! :)
>
> If you change the default font, the new one don't persist! :(

There isn't any way to set the default font or other annotation properties yet, that's some functionality that I will be working on adding in. It's the next area of work other than bug fixes.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.100 In reply to 9526.99 
So...have happy coding! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  141-160  …  221-233