V4 beta Oct-10-2019 available now
 1-20  …  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-233

Previous
Next
9526.181 In reply to 9526.180 
Hi Massimo,

re:
> How can I avoid dimensions and texts to scale up and down when I zoom in and out the window?

Currently the text is designed to be an annotation that stays the same size on screen no matter what the current zoom level.

There isn't a way to change that right now but I do plan on making an option for model-size dependent text that scales like model geometry.

I will also probably do some additional refinement of the current scale-independent method to allow them to shrink if you are zoomed out a lot. I'm not sure if this refinement will make it in to v4 or not though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Probably been asked before but with the DIMS module will this have a global text size adjustable to the open document. So if your working on large items the dims are relevant to the scale working in that document.

Also when working with other file formats and opening or importing into a new doc is it possible for the MOI to default file name that is came from this action is standard in RHINO and Solidworks to name a few.

EDITED: 26 Jan 2020 by ALEXPOLO

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.183 In reply to 9526.182 
Hi Alex,

re:
> Probably been asked before but with the DIMS module will this have a global text size adjustable
> to the open document. So if your working on large items the dims are relevant to the scale
> working in that document.

The current initial method is that the text is scale independent and stays the same size on screen no matter what the size of your model. So the current dims already solve that problem, they don't need any adjustment depending on whether you are working with large sized models or small sized models.

That's basically why the initial focus is on having scale independent text that is always the same screen size, then you don't have to worry about these kinds of scale issues that you are describing here.

I do plan on having a setting for model scale dependent text as well, I'm not quite sure yet on the specifics of how that will work.

> Also when working with other file formats and opening or importing into a new doc is it possible for the
> MOI to default file name that is came from this action is standard in RHINO and Solidworks to name a few.

MoI does not do this because .3dm format is the only format that can contain everything that you can create in MoI including stuff like background images for example. So the current file name is only set if you open .3dm format, that way there isn't any chance for there to be data loss if you have created things that do not save to .DXF format for example.

There is a setting in moi.ini that you can set to modify some of this behavior, that's under:
[Settings]
<...>
SetNameWhenOpeningAllFileTypes=y

When set, the current file name is set for all file opens not just .3dm files.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info thats great and the SETNAME option in the ini is another hidden gem. Moi opens so fast I use it as my default file viewer for DXFs and STEP files when I export individual parts. It beats many other programs opening up files for preview prior to manufacture - No splash screen and small memory footprint make it really fast.

Look forward to final release of v4.

regards
Alex.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.185 In reply to 9526.179 
Hi Michael,

Just a short feedback on that issue. It was solved after installing the latest driver version. Perfect!

Joerg
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.186 In reply to 9526.185 
That's great Joerg, thanks for letting me know!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I just tried out the v4 beta and I noticed that the right mouse button doesn't cancel actions anymore.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.188 In reply to 9526.187 
Hi Andre,

re:
> I just tried out the v4 beta and I noticed that the right mouse button doesn't cancel actions anymore.

That's correct, that's a change to the default behavior discussed previously here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8966.13

You can switch it back to v3 behavior by an option in moi.ini . Go to Options > "Edit .ini file", and find this setting:

[View]
<...>
DoRightClickCancel=n

Set it to say =y instead and you should get the old right-click canceling behavior back.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
On little finding here, is that the viewport goes black after turning my monitors off and on again.
Graphics driver or Moi issue?

Bests,
Morten
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.190 In reply to 9526.189 
Hi Morten, most likely a driver issue. I would recommend checking your video card manufacture's web site to see if there is a newer version you can update to.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
A simple question: can I install the new beta without having any problem with the already installed old version? I mean can I have both of them installed in the same computer?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.192 In reply to 9526.191 
The last beta V 4 can be installed without problem on the same computer if you have yet the V 3!
You can even install the alternate demo infinite without save! ;) (V 3)

The previous betas are time limited so don't work any more!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks Pilou! : - )
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.194 In reply to 9526.191 
Hi Dimitri, yes like Pilou says above you can install the current v4 beta alongside any other version of MoI. By default they will go into their own separately named install folders and not directly on top of each other.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks Michael! : - )
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hey all! I hope the ones on a holiday are enjoying it!

Not sure if this is intended, user error, misunderstanding of the tool on my part or a bug, but I will leave it here. The object on the right is the profile of the sweep on the left. When I try to modify a point I get this behavior which I find puzzling :))

EDITED: 24 Dec 2019 by NAMELESS

Image Attachments:
Size: 1.2 MB, Downloaded: 165 times, Dimensions: 610x509px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.197 In reply to 9526.196 
Hi nameless, can you please post the .3dm model file with the objects in it that you show there?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.198 In reply to 9526.197 
Hey Michael! :) I edited the original message with the .gif and added a 3dm. Let me know if you need anything else.

Keep in mind that I fiddled with MoI's scale as you know and it could be related to that.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.199 In reply to 9526.198 
Hi nameless, so there's a thing built in to Sweep called "autoplace mode" which determines whether the sweep should start directly from the curve as given, or whether the profile should be moved and rotated to the start of the path curve and then swept starting from there.

Autoplace mode is implicitly turned on or off depending on whether the profile curve is inside the bounding box around the rail or outside of the rail's bounding box.

So your weird result is happening because autoplace mode is off somehow during the history update. That seems like a bug so I'll investigate why it is off then. Other kinds of edits like move/rotate/scale of the whole profile curve seem to be working ok, it's during a control point edit that it looks like there is an autoplace bug.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9526.200 In reply to 9526.199 
I see! That solves the mystery :) Thank you for looking into it Michael.

And in danger of a mild thread highjack- I have been trying to find a way to map something like this-> script:moi.ui.getActiveViewport().Zoom( 0.9 ); on my mouse wheel in an attempt to mitigate the jump caused by the small scale issue we were talking about. Is by any chance any .ini setting describing what the mouse wheel scroll does inside MoI? Or a way to smuggle a Ctrl press along with it :))
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  …  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-233