a question, a suggestion and many many thanks

Next
-Parametric Modeling for moi ?
-Suggestion, con tree, layers..., in solidworks one of the cool futures is as you go/scroll through the con tree you can select,edit part of your model, like fillet, extrude etc.-When in edit mode automatically hides other parts of the model, very COOL when you work on large assemblies...AND FINALLY I MUST SAY U HAVE NAILED IT

ps.intueri intuitive
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
949.2 In reply to 949.1 
Hi Yannada, that would definitely be really cool but it will take quite a lot of work to convert MoI over to do that...

I do want to add a certain additional level of semi-parametric functions, like being able to do a deeper history edit and change values that you used in building your model. But this won't be quite the same thing as the "feature based" and "constraint based" type modeling that SolidWorks does.

Certainly all the stuff that SolidWorks does is very useful, but at the same time I'm pretty interested in making MoI work in a different way and have a different style of modeling than just trying to be a clone of the SolidWorks or regular solid modeler type system...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All