Different polygon names in Poser
All  1  2-7

Previous
Next
936.2 In reply to 936.1 
Hi Pozero - there currently isn't any way to do this from MoI, but I do want to add some tools for version 2.0 that would make this kind of organization possible.

For now each object in MoI is exported as one object in the OBJ file.

One way you could get what you want is to use Edit/Separate to break your one large object up into individual surfaces. After that each surface will be it own individual object and should export as different objects in the OBJ file. But this will also have some bad side effects of possibly making some slight cracking in the edges between the different objects.

Normally a polygon mesh modeling program will have various editing tools that can be used to break a mesh apart into different pieces. I guess that Poser doesn't seem to have these kinds of mesh breaking tools.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
936.3 In reply to 936.1 
I think I may be able to write a utility program for you that will break the OBJ apart into separate pieces like you want though, give me just a bit here...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
936.4 In reply to 936.1 
Hi Pozero - I have written a utility program for you that may help.

You can download it here: http://moi3d.com/download/SeparateOBJ.zip

When you unzip it, there will be a SeparateOBJ.exe program, which you can run. It will ask you for the name of an .obj file, and after you give it one it will edit the OBJ file to break larger objects up into smaller object pieces.

Please let me know if the edited OBJ file works better for you or not.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
936.5 In reply to 936.4 
Michael thanks a lot on everything you done here for me. I learned how to export OBJ's with separated polygons but my reall problems is in Poser Setup and Material room. I'll search informations on Poser Forum. MoI is the best there is.

Respect Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
936.6 In reply to 936.5 
Hi Pozero - did the utility program not help anything?

I was thinking that after running the utility program on an OBJ file saved from MoI, you should end up seeing different pieces for the Robot object.

They wouldn't be named anything as useful as "left arm", etc, but they should show up as "object1", "object2", "object3", etc..., instead of showing up all as one single object.

Maybe I didn't understand your original question properly?

But yes, I don't really know how the Poser setup and material room works myself, to get details on that you'll definitely need to go to the Poser forum.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
936.7 In reply to 936.6 
Michael we think of the same thing. I want to have object1, 2, 3....like a different parts of sam prop. I use your utility and it's working. I separate polygons with it. Thanks a lot Michael. Utility really helps. MoI is the best modeling software ever but I have problems inside Poser and that's where problems beggins so...it;s my fault...I have to learn of Poser Setup and Material room.

EDITED: 20 Sep 2007 by POZERO

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-7