V4 beta Feb-27-2019 available now
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  …  201-218

Previous
Next
9266.61 In reply to 9266.60 
Hi Brian, I can't seem to find the scroll wheel hole. Can you please post a screenshot of how your MoI window and Nodeeditor dialog window are arranged with the approximate location of the hole marked?

I'm testing with this version: nodeeditor.v.1.0.rc3.2018.03.09

Does your version possibly generate some additional HTML elements that are positioned on top of the node editor's main <canvas> element?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.62 In reply to 9266.61 
Hi Michael,

The good news is that it seems that my slight modification to Karsten's recent basicFunctions.js for dropdown html documentation, (so the dropdown would work for "Light" colored version of nodeeditor), caused the mouse scroll wheel "Hole" in nodeeditor.

I restored basicFunctions.js (11/2/2017 version) to nodeeditor/nodes/extensions/libs, and the "Hole" is gone, (and the dropdown does not work with "Light" or "Default Dark" version.)

Karsten's recent basicFunctions.js circa March 10th or March 11th, does NOT cause the "Hole", and dropdown only works for "Default Dark" version.

On the off chance that it is of interest, here is a .png with the "Hole" located directly above the enlarged Output node. (The "Hole" is still there if the Output node is not there.)

- Brian

(Karsten has some new code for me to try...)

EDITED: 14 Mar 2019 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.63 In reply to 9266.62 
Hi Brian, is there a .zip file anywhere with the node editor version with the scroll wheel hole in it?

I can check to see if it is possible to solve it by an adjustment MoI's mouse wheel message routing code or not.

Thanks,
- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.64 In reply to 9266.63 
Hi Michael,

Here is the requested zip file.

To demonstrate the mouse scroll wheel "Hole" in the nodeeditor canvas, place the subdirectory "libs" into the nodeeditor/extensions folder.

The "Hole" culprit is basicFunctions.js 1/13/2019 3:35 PM, which includes near the beginning of the .js, under docupath, ...("indexhtml?scheme=Light","")+"nodes\...
[My addition of ?scheme=Light introduced the "Hole" "bug", and allows dropdown documentation to work with only the "Light" ne version]

A more recent BETTER basicFunctions.js would be to rename and use basicFunctionsKarstensMarch13Trial, which works for both Light and Default Dark nodeeditor versions. (Karsten added [0]) This version ALSO has the "Hole".

A renamed basicFunctionsDarkOnly-NoHole enables the dropdown documentation to work, default dark version only, and does not have the "Hole".

The Documentation folder, which also goes in the extensions folder, just holds the dropdown documentation Sweep.html, with a bit of proofreading,

and the construct2.js extension, which goes in the extensions folder, adds a new Sweep node. [Neither a problem as far as I know.]

- Brian

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.65 In reply to 9266.64 
Hi Brian,

re:
> To demonstrate the mouse scroll wheel "Hole" in the nodeeditor canvas, place the subdirectory
> "libs" into the nodeeditor/extensions folder.

Using nodeeditor.v.1.0.rc3.2018.03.09, I didn't see any already existing extensions folder inside the main node editor folder, should I add it in there?

Could you maybe package up the entire node editor folder with the hole problem active so I can make sure I've got it all set up ok?

Thanks, - Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.66 In reply to 9266.65 
Will do Michael.
- Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.67 In reply to 9266.65 
Copy of my nodeeditor directory, under %apprecs%

- Brian

I'll delete it after you get it...

And thank you for all of your help!

The version of basicfunctions.js is Karsten's with latest modification, good for Light and Dark nodeeditor, but it has the "Hole".

[7zip deleted. Snaggit13 was the problem]

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.68 In reply to 9266.67 
Thanks Brian I got it, I'll take a look in just a bit here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.69 In reply to 9266.67 
Hi Brian, I'm not able to locate the scroll wheel hole but over here your nodeeditor is showing with a dark background, not a light background like in your screenshot at http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9266.62 .

Is there something I need to modify to get the light background or additional HTML documentation set up so the scroll wheel hole will manifest?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.70 In reply to 9266.69 
Hi Michael,

Hmm, I have the "hole" both at home computer, and at work computer, in both Light and Default Dark nodeeditor, with the basicFunctions as in the uploaded 7z file.

MoI Hotkey for Light mode is: CTRL+ALT+N
moi.ui.createDialog( 'moi://appdata/nodeeditor/index.html?scheme=Light', 'resizeable,defaultWidth:680,defaultHeight:420', moi.ui.mainWindow );

MoI Hotkey for Default "Dark" mode is: CTRL+ALT+M
moi.ui.createDialog( 'moi://appdata/nodeeditor/index.html', 'resizeable,defaultWidth:680,defaultHeight:420', moi.ui.mainWindow );

My monitors are both Samsung. Home monitor is high definition U28E510D, model code LU28E510DS/ZA.
Just tried another Samsung monitor at home with # LS27D360 HSY/ZA, and have the same "Hole".

Logitech cordless mouse M510.

In Split view, the Hole seems to be absent.

The "Hole" is usually at the top center of the nodeeditor canvas, in 3D, Top, Front, or Right views. It is at top center, when a new ne canvas is opened.
If the canvas is moved left, the "Hole" moves right. And vice versa. Hole may not be associated with proximity to the red vertical MoI axis.

- Brian

I did not notice any "Hole" in the Feb26 Beta until March 12, 2019... and the "Holes" association with the nodeeditor dropdown doc basicFunctions changes...

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.71 In reply to 9266.70 
Hi Brian, I still haven't been able to get the hole to happen over here.

Does it make any difference if you have Options > View > "Show view controls" turned on or off?

Does it seem like the hole is about the same size as that little view controls toolbar with zoom/pan buttons on it that's at the bottom of viewports?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.72 In reply to 9266.71 
Thank you Michael.

The hole is about the same width as the view controls toolbar. It has always been on.

Your size questions triggered the following:

The Snaggit13 window, which is minimized as a thin sliver at the top of the screen, is also the size of the "hole".
The hole occurs below the minimized snagit13 window. Sliding snaggit13 horizontally causes the hole to move the same.
Closing Snaggit13 eliminates the "hole" problem!

- Brian

(I'm going to miss snaggit:-) but it can be closed, and reopened when needed.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Not necessarily for v4 but two features I think would be golden!

1. Some kind of notification of a conversion of a solid to joined surface. Even turning the Joined surf text at the top right to red would be useful. Sometimes I destroy a solid and I do not even realize until much later when undoing is a pain. It's especially painful after a fillet, where there is no visual indication that something went wrong- everything looks like it worked but you do not have a solid.

2. Local symmetry mode when manipulating points for surfaces with points visible. I was able to do it by mirroring the curves for half of the object and then seeing the loft result update, but I think that it would be really useful to have something more direct. You can get the most interesting shapes I've seen, using loft flow and point manipulation, it's a shame :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.74 In reply to 9266.72 
Hi Brian, that's great you found out what's going on, that was a tricky one! Thanks for keeping after it and tracking it down.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.75 In reply to 9266.73 
Hi nameless, both of those are definitely on my radar for future work.

I have what I hope will turn out to be a good idea for displaying warning messages at the end of a command, I'm eager to experiment with it after v4 is settled down.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.76 In reply to 9266.75 
*squeals with excitement*
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.77 In reply to 9266.1 
Hello, Michael,
Thank you very much for the new update.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find my externally saved scripts in the script selection so far, although they are stored in the correct directory.
(/Users/moritz/Library/Application Support/Moi/commands). But when I call them manually, they work.
Also, when calling Max Smirnov's script "NutsAndBolts", I get the following error message.
Do you have any idea how I can fix the bug?
Thanks for your help
-moritz

Hello, Michael,
it works now with the version NutsAndBolts.v.0.96.2015.06.22
I have been using the version ... 21
Sorry for the inconvenience
-moritz

Hello, Michael,
The first problem still exists, although the entry in the moi.ini is as follows:

[Commands]
NonRepeatingCommands=delete undo redo
DoNotRepeatShortcutKeys=n
UseDiameterDefault=y
AdditionalCommandsDirs=//Users/moritz/Library/Application%20Support/Moi/commands

-moritz

EDITED: 20 Mar 2019 by MORITZ

Image Attachments:
Size: 113.9 KB, Downloaded: 20 times, Dimensions: 684x327px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.78 In reply to 9266.77 
Hi Moritz,

> Unfortunately, I couldn't find my externally saved scripts in the script selection so far,
> although they are stored in the correct directory.
> (/Users/moritz/Library/Application Support/Moi/commands). But when I call them
> manually, they work.

Could you please describe what you mean by "couldn't find" them ? If you type in the command name and it runs, that means MoI is finding them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.79 In reply to 9266.77 
Hi Moritz,

re:
> [Commands]
> NonRepeatingCommands=delete undo redo
> DoNotRepeatShortcutKeys=n
> UseDiameterDefault=y
> AdditionalCommandsDirs=//Users/moritz/Library/Application%20Support/Moi/commands

So the AdditionalCommandsDirs there isn't right, you've got it set there as a web URL. For a regular file name you'd want to have just one / at the start insead of // and have a space instead of %20.

But MoI will already look in that directory by default, so it should not be necessary to try and add it using AdditionalCommandsDirs, that's for adding more directories beyond the regular one.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
9266.80 In reply to 9266.78 
This is correct - when typing the scripts they will be found.
But they do not appear in the selection box.

The change in the moi.ini did not bring any improvement.
-moritz
Image Attachments:
Size: 54.2 KB, Downloaded: 24 times, Dimensions: 296x279px
Size: 179.2 KB, Downloaded: 37 times, Dimensions: 451x859px
Size: 251.7 KB, Downloaded: 30 times, Dimensions: 755x636px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged