Separating Polygons
All  1-6  7-10

Previous
Next
926.7 In reply to 926.6 
I exported my MOI prop to Poser 7 with unchecked WELD VERTICES ALONG EDGES option but I don't understand how to choos polygons which I need to texture and colour in Poser?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
926.8 In reply to 926.7 
Hi Pozero, I'm not really familiar with Poser so I'm not sure what options it has to control selecting connected regions of a mesh.

You'd want to look for some tool that separates a mesh into different pieces where vertices are not shared between faces, or some kind of "select connected" faces mode.

One thing you can try is to use Edit/Separate on your model in MoI, this will break it up into different independent surface objects, and then each of those will be exported as a separate object in the OBJ file. However, you may get slightly different meshing between different pieces leaving some very small cracks in between things.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
926.9 In reply to 926.7 
Hi Pozero - I took a quick look at Poser. After you import your object (that had welding turned off when exporting from MoI), select it and from the Editing Tools, pick the Grouping Tool, and then try using Auto Group.

If that doesn't work, it looks like it is necessary to pick the polygons you want to separate individually and make them into their own group. It would be great if Poser would implement a "select connected" option to make it easier to select all the polygons that shared vertices with each other.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
926.10 In reply to 926.9 
Thanks Michael. I imported my MoI prop in Poser and now I understand how to get separated polygons in Poser. Now in Group Editor menu I have different areas coloured in red and every of that areas represents different polygon. Now I need to find out how to use that separated polygon mesh so I can put bones inside and move each of that separated polygon parts independent of each other.

Regards Michael....you're the BEST :-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-6  7-10