MOI layers

Next
Hi guys,

Basic MOI question...is there a simple way to move an object from one layer (styles layers?) to another in the Scene Browser?

My Rhino assigned layer names show up in MOI "styles"...but I can't seem to move an object from one style layer to another in MOI.

I can reorder the layers as a whole under Styles > Edit but I find that I have to go back to Rhino to organize the parts my model...then back to MOI. The "objects" layer is always empty.

If I assign names to the parts in "objects" I can move them from one "style" layer to another...but I feel like i'm naming them twice. Object names & Styles layer names

Thx.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8784.2 In reply to 8784.1 
Hi mat, you can assign objects to a style in the Scene Browser by selecting the objects and then clicking on the color swatch of the style. If you want to also use the Scene Browser to select named objects you can do that by clicking on the right-hand side of the name where the selection indicator dot shows:

If you left click there it will toggle that item's selection on or off and you can also right-click click on it to make that item the exclusive selection and deselect any other things.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
8784.3 In reply to 8784.2 
Now it's working.

Thx Michael.