Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.82 In reply to 8731.80 
Hi Michael,

I've tried it again, and I consistently have to left-click (tap on tablet with pen tip) before I can pan a viewport with MMB (assigned to one of my Wacom pen side-buttons). This might be a Wacom pen only issue, I can't test that because I only work with the Wacom tablet for navigation, and I've got no mouse anymore.

You'd think though that if a pen-assigned RMB does work for panning as soon as you hover over a viewport, a similarly pen-assigned MMB should (be able to) behave the same way.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.83 In reply to 8731.82 
Hi Metin, do you have the most recent drivers from Wacom installed?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.84 In reply to 8731.81 
Hi Vladimir, thanks for reporting that shutdown bug. It looks like MoI v3 also has a similar bug with that same sequence. I've got a fix for the next beta release.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.85 In reply to 8731.1 
Hello Michael!

How are you ? I hope fine.

I SHALL START BY SAYING THAT I DON'T KNOW IF I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG...but I think that now we have a serious problem with this V4.

I explain.

As you said some times ago, in order to get commands/scripts execution faster than V3, now all the code is executed into the MAIN thread.

And this is OK.

But now I'm experiencing a very serious problem.

When, for example, I try to perform a Fillet or any other command that for some reason takes long time and never ends,
I get Moi frozen and I can't do anything to CANCEL the command!
All I can do is to close Moi with task manager.

And if I didn't save my work before I run the command, all my work is lost!!

The problem is that I can't know if a certain command will run into a indefinitely loop, before I execute that command (for example fillet).

Please, add a mechanism that keep the fast command/script execution while prevent this situation.

I stay tuned.

Thanks.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.86 In reply to 8731.85 
Hi Marco, Fillets and other commands that might have a long execution time have a special asynchronous factory where the work for them is still done in a separate process called moi_commandprocessor.exe . When a command like that is running, it should still be cancelable, the work for the fillet calculation itself is not happening on the main thread even in v4, only the script logic is running on the main thread in v4. The difference from v3 is that in v3 both the script code and async factories were running in a 2 different instances of moi_commandprocessor.exe , in v4 it's only the async factories that are doing that.

I just tested over here and I can't reproduce an uncancelable fillet, I'd need to get an example file that demonstrates the problem in order to find out any more about what's going on.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.87 In reply to 8731.86 
@You : "...When a command like that is running, it should still be cancelable,...
I just tested over here and I can't reproduce an uncancelable fillet, I'd need to get an example file that demonstrates the problem in order to find out any more about what's going on..."

Hmm....this is strange...
I can confirm that more than a couple of times I found myself into the problem I described...

Ok. ASAP I try to recover one of those files where I had the issue and I will let you know.

Stay tuned.

Thanks.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.88 In reply to 8731.83 
Hi Michael,

Yes, latest Wacom tablet drivers are installed. Wacom tablet type is Wacom Intuos Pro Medium size.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.89 In reply to 8731.88 
Hi Metin, do you know the specific model number of your Wacom?

I see for the Wacom Intuos Pro that there's a new model number PTH660 that's out and the older model number is PTH651 . I'd like to try and get the exact same model you have so I can test it over here.

Thanks, - Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.90 In reply to 8731.87 
Hi Marco,

> Hmm....this is strange...
> I can confirm that more than a couple of times I found myself into the problem I described...

That's definitely not the expected behavior, you may experience a short hiccup while objects are transferred over into moi_commandprocessor.exe but nothing at all like the long freezing you are describing.

Since it's not the usual behavior I will definitely need to get an example file where it's happening so I can examine it over here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.91 In reply to 8731.90 
My computer at work was behaving sluggishly today. Nothing to do with MoI, maybe with slow telephone wire internet.
The repair man tells me that the "wires down the street were poorly spliced," so I got a new wire...---Old infrastructure.

Is there a recommended software to run on a Windows computer to "tune it up," or find out why it performs poorly?

- Brian

Even my xfinity fast cable internet service at home decided to quit working for brief periods over xmas.
Maybe too many people playing games?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.92 In reply to 8731.91 
Hi Brian,

re:
> Is there a recommended software to run on a Windows computer to "tune it up," or
> find out why it performs poorly?

I'm not aware of any single fool-proof one myself. Probably the standard thing would be to look for spyware/adware, try ADWCleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy, SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and HijackThis. Be careful where you get these from.

You can also run msconfig.exe and see what is starting up automatically, if you've got a whole ton of stuff on there uninstall or disable things you don't actually use.

Sometimes Anti-Virus software can hook into so many things it can greatly degrade system performance so you can try disabling that.

Also run Task Manager and click on the CPU column under the Processes tab and watch that for a minute and see if there is something that is chewing up a lot of CPU.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.93 In reply to 8731.90 
Ok Michael.

I understand that you need a 3dm file to test.

But unfortunately today I'm very busy at work and I didn't find a bunch of minutes to find the 3dm file that caused the issue...

I will try my best to find it and send to you.

If I remember correctly when I had the issue I was performing a Fillet command on a messy geometry.
I was doing nothing serious, only a quick and dirt 3D doodle while I was waiting the compiling of my AndroidStudio projects.

So maybe I've discarded the model after the crash.

I will try to reconstruct what I was doing to replicate the issue.

I will let you know.

Have a nice day.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.94 In reply to 8731.93 
Thanks Marco, I can wait until you find it. If I sounded urgent it's just because you yourself described it as a very serious problem and it sounded like it was happening frequently to you. It is sort of frustrating for me to hear that there's a serious problem but having no steps to reproduce it or any examples of the behavior at all.

Thanks, - Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.95 In reply to 8731.94 
I can fully understand Michael :)

It is sort of frustrating for me also not to be able to replicate this very sporadic issue I had.

I don't know what I can say.

I had this strange issue only a couple of times but as I said it happened while I having a little break during my daily job
and many times I do things so quickly that i'm pretty sure I discarded the model and I went back to my job.

I never had any kind of issue like this with Moi and also V4 is fine.

So, don't worry :)

I did so many things quickly and about some weeks ago that for sure I'm getting confused.

I will continue to try to replicate the issue but if I will not find the file you can forget what I've said and not worry about it.

In that case evidently I've made some strange operation or my mind is confused :)

I will let you know.

Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.96 In reply to 8731.95 
Thanks Marco, if you run into it again certainly it would be good to know! But yes please, concrete examples are absolutely vital. Of course I want you to report bugs so I can fix them but at the same time it's not so good to report a sort of "theoretical bug" that you just think is likely to happen based on extrapolation from some other information. That's because when you raise a big alarm about a pervasive and serious bug it makes me stop everything else that I am doing and try to reproduce it over here.

If you just have a worry about whether something like canceling a fillet is not going to work anymore in v4 because of those scripting changes it's probably better to ask a question about it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.97 In reply to 8731.96 
Hi Michael.

I tried many times to reproduce the issue I described, but without results.

@You : "...That's because when you raise a big alarm about a pervasive and serious bug it makes me stop everything else that I am doing and try to reproduce it over here..."

I apologize Michael!!!
I know what you mean. I'm so sorry... :(
Evidently it was my mistake!!

I really don't know what to say :(

This is the very first time I say a thing here on this forum that I can't prove.
Usually I don't write anything that I can't prove with a real 3dm file.

As I said, many times I do things so quickly during my job break that next time it's better that I save the 3dm file and annotate precisely what I'm doing.

This time I simply remembered that some weeks ago I had an issue while trying to cancel a Fillet command but evidently I'm wrong.

I apologize again.

Forget what I said in my previous posts.

If you want you can also delete all the messages that today I've written about this "hypothetical" and unproven issue.

No problem for me.

Maybe it's better you do so.

Ciao and have a nice day.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.98 In reply to 8731.89 
Hi Michael,

I've got the Wacom Intuos Pro Medium PTH660.

Thanks.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.99 In reply to 8731.97 
Hi Marco, it's ok - don't worry I know that you're just trying to help make MoI better!

Just next time it would be good not to raise the alarm quite so quickly. The messages don't need to be deleted, they will be fine.

Thanks, - Michael

EDITED: 27 Dec 2017 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.100 In reply to 8731.99 
Thank you for understanding, Michael!

It's ok!

@You : "...Just next time it would be good not to raise..."

Message received :)

Have a nice day.

Ciao!

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  141-160  161-176