V4 beta Dec-12-2017 available now
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  …  161-176

Previous
Next
8731.61 In reply to 8731.60 
Yes, when you release the button, the connection is lost.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi
I can't reproduce it on mac
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.63 In reply to 8731.62 
Hi Finema.
This is in Windows 7.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.64 In reply to 8731.63 
OK Vladimir
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.65 In reply to 8731.61 
Hi Vladimir, I'm pretty sure I know what's going on there, it has to do with having everything under the Qt system now. Qt does an automatic "mouse grab" when the mouse button is still down. It should not be difficult to fix for the next beta, thanks for reporting it!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.66 In reply to 8731.1 
Hi Michael,

Working great so far. One thing seems to be that alt + middle mouse button doesn't pan the view for me. It rotates the viewport like alt + left mouse button.

I do use a wacom tablet so not sure if this is anything to do with it. However it works fine in v3, just not in this latest v4 beta.

Thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.67 In reply to 8731.66 
Hi Rich, thanks for testing it!

> Working great so far. One thing seems to be that alt + middle mouse button doesn't pan the
> view for me. It rotates the viewport like alt + left mouse button.

Does just plain middle mouse button with no Alt at all do panning for you though?

I've had a couple others report this difference in view manipulation Alt key handling, and I have it on my list to investigate. I can't remember if it was a change requested by someone for compatibility with some other program like ZBrush or if it's just a bug. If it was a requested change I can make a setting to control it. I should know more when I've gotten closer to wiping off my remaining bug list.

I think the change from V3 though may be that it didn't make any difference if you held down Alt or not when using the middle button, while in v4 it's trying to do something different between plain MMB and Alt+MMB.

.... Ok, I just checked and yes in v3 Alt was just ignored for MMB it didn't matter if you held down alt or not so I was thinking Alt+MMB was unused. Then someone requested Alt+MMB to do rotate for compat with 3DS Max so I set that up for v4. I'll revert that change but make it an option in moi.ini .

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi,
not sure if this as already been mentioned but I cannot copy and paste into Moi V4 shortcut keys.
From either inside the options shortcut keys or from outside of Moi.
Barry
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

A full viewport control customization option still gets my enthusiastic vote. I would feel discriminated if alternate controls would be added for 3ds Max users, but not for Blender / ZBrush users. :) My cross-application viewport navigation controls are currently those of ZBrush (which regretfully doesn't allow viewport control customization):

RMB = orbit view
Alt + RMB (or, alternatively, MMB) = pan view
Control + RMB = zoom view

But Blender's controls are also much-used:

MMB = orbit view
Shift + MMB = pan view
Control + MMB = zoom view

Also, in MoI, panning differs between the perspective view (Shift + RMB) and the orthographic views (only RMB), while only RMB in the perspective viewport orbits the view. I find this a bit confusing.

Thanks,

Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

EDITED: 21 Dec 2017 by METINSEVEN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.70 In reply to 8731.68 
Hi Barry,

re:
> not sure if this as already been mentioned but I cannot copy and paste into Moi V4 shortcut keys.
> From either inside the options shortcut keys or from outside of Moi.

It should work ok if you use a keyboard shortcut like Ctrl+V to do it, it's the right-click menu that doesn't work and it's on my bug list to fix that up.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.71 In reply to 8731.69 
Hi Metin, well I'm not planning some comprehensive emulation of 3DS Max, all I'm going to be doing is reverting the change to use Alt+MMB for rotate and put in an option in moi.ini like:
AltMiddleMouseRotate=y
that can be set to turn it back to that.

There are already an awful lot of ways you can control view navigation in MoI, for example to Pan you can use any of:

- middle mouse button (no modifiers just click down and drag).
- Shift + RMB
- Shift + Alt + LMB (as in Maya I think).

You can also set the "Rotate with middle button" option under Options > View > Rotate/Pan/Zoom options which will then make plain MMB do rotation instead of panning and plain RMB do pan.

Since there are 3 ways to do each thing already, trying to make it fully customizable would probably involve some big mess of options that I don't really want to try and work out.

But if you can figure out a strategically targeted option (like AltMiddleMouseRotate=y to enable 3DS Max type rotation behavior), it's a lot more feasible for me to put in a couple of those.

> Also, in MoI, panning differs between the perspective view (Shift + RMB) and
> the orthographic views (only RMB), which I find a bit confusing.

The way it works is shift+RMB will do pan in both the 3D and ortho views. Plain RMB does rotate, and since there is no rotation in the ortho views instead of doing nothing there it will do Pan, so that's actually a 4th way to do panning.

If you want one that will always pan in either perspective or ortho views, you can use any of plain MMB, Shift +RMB, or Shift+Alt+LMB , any of those 3 will do panning consistently in both 3D and ortho views.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.72 In reply to 8731.67 
Ah yes so MMB does pan for me in v4. Would be great to have the option to use ALT + MMB for pan if possible. For me it makes it simpler for muscle memory, in that you always hold alt to adjust the camera, but just use a different button for rotate, move and zoom.

Thanks Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.73 In reply to 8731.71 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for taking the time for your elucidation, appreciated. I understand your arguments.

Actually, the single most important viewport hack I'd love to see in MoI.ini or the preferences is being able to use Alt + RMB to pan at all times, particularly in the perspective viewport. A second or alternative option I'd very much welcome is being able to use MMB for panning in all viewports.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.74 In reply to 8731.73 
Hi Metin,

> Actually, the single most important viewport hack I'd love to see in MoI.ini or the
> preferences is being able to use Alt + RMB to pan at all times, particularly in the
> perspective viewport.

That should be doable.

> A second or alternative option I'd very much welcome is being able to use MMB for
> panning in all viewports.

This part confuses me though because MMB does already do panning in all viewports.

You don't need to set any option for it, that's the regular default behavior already.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

i was wondering about that: I know that you are still working on the text display for the snappoints (this little texts like Tang. Quad. Center...) for V4.
Do you think this new feature could get a user interface? At the moment you can only use the text factory to insert text into the drawing....
Just thinking...

Ralf:)
looking for moments of inspiration...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.76 In reply to 8731.75 
Hi Ralf, yes I do expect to work on some type of "annotation text" as part of the work on dimensions as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hooray! Dimensions and text too.
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.78 In reply to 8731.76 
Wow you are the best!

Ralf:)
looking for moments of inspiration...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.79 In reply to 8731.74 
Hi Michael,

Many thanks in advance for the Alt + RMB option for panning in all viewports.

Regarding panning using MMB: my mistake, sorry, I hadn't updated my Wacom settings yet for the latest beta, and forgot for a moment that MMB already pans the viewports.

A minor remark: after setting MMB to one of my Wacom pen buttons for the MoI beta, I noticed that you need to left-click to activate a viewport before MMB pans it. This is not the case when using RMB (assigned to an other Wacom pen side button). You can use RMB to pan an orthographic viewport or orbit the perspective viewport by simply hovering over it and using RMB.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.80 In reply to 8731.79 
Hi Metin,

re:
> A minor remark: after setting MMB to one of my Wacom pen buttons for the MoI beta, I noticed
> that you need to left-click to activate a viewport before MMB pans it. This is not the case when
> using RMB (assigned to an other Wacom pen side button). You can use RMB to pan an orthographic
> viewport or orbit the perspective viewport by simply hovering over it and using RMB.

I can't repeat this over here - here the MMB behaves the same as RMB and no additional left click is required.

Is it possibly only something that happens when you use the Wacom instead of a regular mouse? Or only in certain situations like the first time you switch to MoI from another app?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  …  161-176