V4 beta Dec-12-2017 available now
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  …  161-176

Previous
Next
8731.41 In reply to 8731.18 
Hi Michael, I am no longer getting a crash we editing the shortcut keys but my changes are not being saved. I can change them and they will work until I close and re-start then the changes are lost. Manually editing the ini. won't work as my changes don't seem to "stick" there either.

Thanks,
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.42 In reply to 8731.41 
Hi Shane,

this is because the backward compatibility to the Moi3 for Mac under wine - even the "winewindows" doesnt know about the "command" key and therefor moi translates them to Alt keys automaticly.
For me this backward compatibility is not necessary because i dont use v3 any more.

Ralf:)
looking for moments of inspiration...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Metin,

I agree Nudge is a necessity.....

James Elliott
www.jameselliott.co.uk
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.44 In reply to 8731.41 
Hi shane yes there's a problem like Ralf describes with Cmd key shortcuts getting lost if you open V3, that's on my list to work on for the next release.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
re: Nudge, I'm not sure I understand the problem there, do you guys mean it isn't working at all for you?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.46 In reply to 8731.45 
I'm sorry Michael but....What is "Nudge" ?

Thanks.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.47 In reply to 8731.46 
Hi Marco, Nudge means "to move by a small amount". It's a command that you can set up so your arrow keys will move objects by a small distance instead of using the mouse. More details here: http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#Nudge

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.48 In reply to 8731.47 
Ah.....OK...now I remember!!

Thanks for reminding me that command :)

Ciao.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.49 In reply to 8731.44 
Why not having to separate ini files for V3 and V4 on the Mac?

Ralf:)
looking for moments of inspiration...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.50 In reply to 8731.49 
Hi Ralf, probably the fix will be to have separate sections inside the ini file, entirely separate ini files shouldn't be necessary.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Nudge works fine, but in my humble opinion it's such an essential command that it'd be convenient not having to install it separately.

By the way, a very insignificant observation: if you enter numeric pad "." as a key in the shortcuts, MoI recognizes it as "Numpad," (comma, not period), at least on Mac OS. It does work as numpad period though, so it's just cosmetic.

Regards,

Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • design • 3D (print) models — https://metinseven.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.52 In reply to 8731.51 
Hi Metin, including Nudge by default could have some complications, I'd need to update it in the documentation and also someone following the directions they found for setting up Nudge might follow the instructions to copy it over and then wonder if they should overwrite it. I also don't quite like having too many hidden commands by default.

At some point I'd like to solve these problems in a more comprehensive way by having some kind of script browser that would let you specify which scripts you wanted to install from some central repository and keep them installed between versions so you wouldn't need to copy things around manually. But I'm not sure when that will happen. Maybe I can do it in a few stages though and have the "keep installed" part working before doing the full browser implementation.

re: numpad comma - that's not happening for me over here, it might be a bug in the Qt keyboard mapping which could be difficult to fix.

What happens if you actually type that numpad key in a text editor, do you get a comma or a period?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.53 In reply to 8731.52 
Hello Michael,

short status for linux platform/wine(OpenSuse Leap 42.1): Everything seems to work. Display performance while extruding or selection is slower than V3.

Have a nice day
Karsten
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.54 In reply to 8731.53 
Hi Karsten, thanks for testing it on Linux. What video driver and version of wine are you using?

Extruding is probably a timing problem related to the extruded result getting continuously canceled when you move the mouse, it's on my list to investigate.

Selection might be harder to do anything about if its just texture readback to the CPU that's slow.

Do you notice anything that looks like a sort of delayed reaction like the display is lagging one frame behind what is supposed to be shown?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.55 In reply to 8731.52 
Hi Michael,

Some sort of commands manager is a great idea. Maybe you can combine it with a manager for the hidden settings in MoI.ini, such as the triangulation methods (or you could add those settings to the preferences dialog).

I've tried the numpad period key in a text editor, and indeed, it generates a comma by default. I had never noticed that before, because I only use it for shortcuts. If it doesn't happen on your Mac system, then I suspect it's due to the Dutch language setting. Over here in the Netherlands we separate decimals by a comma in stead of a period.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.56 In reply to 8731.55 
Hi Metin,

> I've tried the numpad period key in a text editor, and indeed, it generates a comma by default. I
> had never noticed that before, because I only use it for shortcuts. If it doesn't happen on your
> Mac system, then I suspect it's due to the Dutch language setting. Over here in the Netherlands
> we separate decimals by a comma in stead of a period.

Thanks for testing it! Yes, I think you're right that it has to do with having Dutch set as the operating system language setting.

So your numpad period key showing up as Numpad comma is something that's just built into the operating system keyboard handling, I don't think there is anything that I'd do to change that in MoI. There is probably some way to edit a key mapping table for the OS that could change it though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.57 In reply to 8731.54 
Hello Michael,

I'm using wine 1.82 and a proprietary AMD Graphic driver (Radeon HD 6320). It's outdated hardware, but it's only a comparison between v3 and V4 Beta. Another problem I found, is the naming of an object - result is a crash MoI bug report (unhandled exception).

Have a nice day
Karsten
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.58 In reply to 8731.57 
Hi Karsten, thanks for sending the crash report. The naming crash in Wine looks like a Wine bug. MoI does happen to throw an exception when it checks to see if the name dialog gave back a value of -1 meaning cancel, but that exception is caught and ignored. But on your Wine build it's not being ignored so either the SEH exception handling is not working properly or maybe there's a setting for reporting "first chance" exceptions that needs to be turned off so that exceptions that are caught by the app don't register as a crash.

I"ll modify this for the next build though so no exception will be thrown when modal dialogs are closed.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael.
Another line in the error list.
Vladimir.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.60 In reply to 8731.59 
Hi Vladimir, it looks like the bug is that in V4 the construction line finishes when you release the mouse outside a viewport unlike V3, is that correct?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  …  161-176