V4 beta Dec-12-2017 available now
 1-20  …  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  141-160  161-176

Previous
Next
8731.101 In reply to 8731.82 
Hi Metin, re: Wacom middle mouse button only works after an initial left click - I went and got the same model tablet over here and was able to reproduce the same problem. After digging into it, it appears to be a Wacom driver bug. I was able to also reproduce the same problem in a simplified separate test case project that just makes a window and displays what events it is receiving and it never receives any drag events if the first thing you do is middle click and drag, but it does get them (although actually with a wrong event type) if you do a left click before doing the middle button drag.

So I'm fairly sure that it's something that has to be fixed in the Wacom driver and not in MoI. I've sent in a bug report using their contact form with the minimal test case project code attached.

If you also want to send in a bug report to Wacom to increase the chance that it will reach someone who can fix it, send in the attached .zip file which contains the test case and the bug report can say:

----------------------------------

Subject: Missing or incorrect middle mouse drag events on Mac

Note minimal test case xcode project attached.

Bug #1 - if the first thing you do is try to middle click and drag inside the window, no drag events are sent, only otherMouseDown on press and otherMouseUp when released. Drag events for middle button dragging are only sent if you have done a left click at least once previously.

Bug #2 - when drag events for middle mouse drag are sent after having once done an left click, they are sent as mouseDragged (left button) events and not otherMouseDragged events.

Expected results - drag messages should be sent when the middle button is clicked and dragged same as left/right buttons without requiring an initial left click and they should be sent as otherMouseDragged events rather than mouseDragged events.

Test case is a minimal window/view that sets the window title text when it receives mouse events.

Tested on XCode Version 7.3.1 (7D1014), OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 (15E65)
Wacom Intuos Pro Medium size PTH660
Wacom driver version: 6.3.27-2
Wacom configuration - only setting changed from default is setting the upper barrel button to Middle Click.

Thanks, - Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I saw "WACOM pen bugs" with other software here, and a support link:

http://forum.wacom.eu/viewforum.php?f=6
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/contact-support

Is this pen tablet a useful tool?

- Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.103 In reply to 8731.102 
Thanks Brian!

re:
> Is this pen tablet a useful tool?

It's particularly useful for artists who have spent a lot of time using a regular pen or pencil for drawing, it gives a lot closer feel to that then using a mouse.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I downloaded V4 today after buy v3 and it also seems to work with Linux in Wine HQ. You're a great one!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.105 In reply to 8731.104 
Hi pafurijaz, that's great - I'm glad v4 is working for you in Linux Wine!

What video driver are you using in Linux?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.106 In reply to 8731.105 
Hi, Michael, some more clarifications:
In my laptop and desktop PC I have Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
The Graphics Card on laptop: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2). Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2)
In the other desktop machine I have a the little GeForce GTX 750Ti and moi v4 works even with this card. And with this nvidia proprietary drivers

EDITED: 5 Jan 2018 by PAFURIJAZ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael will be there, in the v.4, a 'move, rotate, scale' gizmo? Something as the 'gumball' in Rhino? Even Zbrush implemented such a gizmo in its latest version. It is something that makes working in 3D space much more intuitive and easy. I you do not have it your plans have it in mind please. It is a much needed thing. Thanks...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.108 In reply to 8731.107 
Hi Dimitri - MoI does already have a move/rotate/scale mechanism for 2D curves, it's called the edit frame:
http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#editframe

The focus in general for MoI is trying to make things primarily using 2D curves so that's also why the focus is on a 2D manipulator as well.

I'd like to add in a 3D manipulator at some point as well, I'm not sure if it will be in for v4 or not though - possibly. It hasn't been a priority as of yet because the primary NURBS modeling strategy doesn't involve doing 3D "point sculpting" like poly modeling does.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Yes it is true that in Nurbs things work in a different way but I still think that such a manipulator is necessary. It plays a very significant role on giving to the user a very intuitive feedback regarding moves in the 3D space. Having such a manipulator for solids too would be very helpful. But anyway, Moi is already great, wish that the v.4 will be ready very soon... : - )
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.110 In reply to 8731.101 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update regarding the Wacom issue. My apologies for not responding sooner.

Good to know that it's a Wacom matter. I will send the bug report to them as well.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

I've just installed the MoI beta of 12 Dec 2018 on a Mac with high-DPI display. I don't know if this has been reported before, but the viewport indicators ("Perspective", "Front", etc.) are tiny on a hi-DPI display:

If you want me to test anything, just let me know.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.112 In reply to 8731.111 
Hi Metin,

re:
> I don't know if this has been reported before, but the viewport indicators
> ("Perspective", "Front", etc.) are tiny on a hi-DPI display:

Yes, that's expected for the moment, I don't have proper in-viewport text working quite yet. It shouldn't be too much longer before I'll be able to work on that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.113 In reply to 8731.112 
Hi Michael,

Ok, good to know that it's a known thingy. I can very well live with it, so no impatience here. :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hey, brand new customer and having a great time using this software. Something about it feels sluggish though, almost like the screen is tearing. Just rotating around will be nice and smooth then all of a sudden a small stop before it resumes. Like it snags on something. The biggest times I notice it are rotating the model and dragging the fillet out. I was wondering if this is a known issue for the V4 beta at this time. If no one is experiencing this let me know and I will try to record a gif! Running 7 GTX 1080Ti's so shouldn't be a hardware issue at all
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.115 In reply to 8731.114 
Hi alksndr, no that's not a known issue so it would be good to get some more information about it. What operating system are you running on? You might try updating your video driver to see if that helps.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.116 In reply to 8731.114 
Hi ...
Yes, I am a long time MoI user. I have noticed it, too. It's a big too, though it usually lasts only a few seconds so I have not reported it. I also recently had to acquire a different primary computer and thought it might be a hardware peculiarity.
cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.117 In reply to 8731.116 
Hi eric & alksndr - a couple of things you could try to see if it behaves any better are to disable anything labeled "threaded optimization" in the nVidia control panel settings, and you also might try setting DisplayThreadLimit=1 in moi.ini, it's in the [View] section.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Here is a gif of the "frame skipping" issue - https://i.imgur.com/GwAndSt.gifv

I'm running windows 10. I'm on drivers from October so I will give updating a shot in a few hours.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8731.119 In reply to 8731.118 
Hi alksndr, another thing you might try is to open Task Manager, have it show processes from all users and then get it sorted by CPU usage. Then take a look at that while you're rotating the view around and see if some other process is hopping to the top of the list when you see the stuttering.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks for the help Michael. There's nothing wrong with the processes, just tried it. Changing the threaded optimization to off for Moi3D in Nvidia settings and setting the thread limit to 1 in the ini file has helped a lot. It still happens but I would say its 2x better now :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  …  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  141-160  161-176