V4 beta Nov-27-2017 available now
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-64

Next
A new v4 beta (version Nov-27-2017) is now available for download here: http://moi3d.com/beta.htm , also linked to from the download page on the main web site.

Bug fixes:

Saving to IGES and STEP files - fixed a bug where using .stp or .igs file extensions wasn't working on Mac.

Mac full screen mode - (EDIT: this one still not fixed yet still happening on some machines) fix for the problem where the view controls window would show on the desktop space, sending you back to the desktop the first time you moved the mouse over a viewport after going to full screen. Please let me know if you see it again.

Updated shortcut key editor - Make the "Key" column expand to whatever width is necessary to show the longest key combo. Fixes problem reported in the forum by Metin here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8682.42

Viewport toolbar - fixed a bug where doing view manipulation using the bottom viewport toolbar could miss the mouse up event and get stuck.

Orientation picker - fixed a sporadic drawing bug with the orientation picker reported on the forum by Max here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8682.16

Shortcut keys with Shift - Fixed a bug in shortcut keys using shift + number keys. V4 was generating Shift+1 as Shift+! which was incompatible with V3, V3 would convert it back to Shift+1 which was then not recognized by V4. V4 should now generate Shift+1 for that key combination and not Shift+! anymore. Fixes a bug reported on the forum by Marco here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8682.50

Background images - Fixed a crash when making a background image from a bitmap file with lower than 32-bit color depth. Reported on the forum by Vladimir here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8682.100

Undo - Fixed a bug where undo wouldn't find the proper object to restore in some cases. Reported on the forum by Val here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8682.83

Scripting:

moi.geometryDatabase.findStyle() - fixed a bug in the findStyle() function for the "create if not found" case, reported on the forum by Max here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8682.16

obj.getBoundingBox() - The boolean parameter for getting high accuracy bounds was marked as required in v4, while in v3 it was optional with a default of false. Updated v4 to match v3.

moi.filesystem.openFileStream - switch to use QTextStream for reading to get better unicode support. Unicode files with byte order marks should be supported now, the default will be UTF-8 if no byte order mark is found. Also added new methods .setWriteBOM( boolean ) which you can call to make writing a text file write the byte order mark at the front (default is no BOM), and .setCodec( name ) to have specific control over what encoding to use for reading or writing. Supported codecs are listed here: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtextcodec.html#details .

moi://appdata/ - add support for moi://appdata/ URLs so you can load HTML resources like images from the MoI app data directory. moi://appdata/ will resolve to %AppData%\Moi on Windows and to ~/Library/Application Support/Moi on Mac.

String to integer conversion - Updated so a string value of "1.0" will be successfully converted to an integer value of 1 rather than rejecting it. Fixes a change in behavior from v3 to v4 that broke some of Brian's scripts.

factory.setValue() - switched to v3 behavior so sending the wrong object type doesn't trigger an exception. Fixes the SpurGearProfile script.

- Michael

EDITED: 28 Nov 2017 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Fresh news! :)

And cool : Nothing to translate! :)

EDITED: 27 Nov 2017 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.3 In reply to 8704.1 
Hi Michael
Always the problem of focus...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.4 In reply to 8704.3 
Hi Finema, yeah I haven't been able to figure that one out yet since I can't repeat it over here so far. It's on my list to continue to investigate though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Description of fixed bugs has been updated now.

Thanks,
- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks Michael
www.jameselliott.co.uk
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.7 In reply to 8704.1 
Seems that Mac full screen mode is not totally fixed yet, I'll have to look into that some more here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Many thanks for the new beta, Michael.

I've installed it and switched on the view controls (I usually have them switched off). I didn't encounter the mentioned issue in full-screen mode yet, but I did notice that if you click on the Area zoom button and then click + drag in the viewport, a construction line is created in stead of a zoom range. Only after a number of tries I discovered that after clicking on the Area zoom icon you need to click once again in the viewport to initiate the zoom range. It's not a bug, but interface-wise I think it would be more intuitive if you could immediately click + drag a zoom range once you've clicked on the Area zoom button, preferably from corner to corner. Just a minor thought.

Thanks,

Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.9 In reply to 8704.8 
Hi Metin, thanks for testing it! I think I'm getting close to figuring out the full screen thing, it seems to be a fairly delicate area.

re: Zoom Area - yes when you pick the center point for the zoom area that's a full 3D point pick that's happening there for the center point, so it behaves the same as if you were picking the first point for drawing a line for example and you can use snaps. That picked point will then become the rotation pivot point for the 3D view. That helps a lot with further view manipulations staying around that particular area of the model.

If it did a purely 2D drag like you're talking about, it would be difficult to control where the rotation pivot point is going to be located for the 3D view, that's the problem.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.10 In reply to 8704.1 
Hello Michael.

@You : "...Shortcut keys with Shift..."

Thanks a lot for fixing!

And thanks also for the "Scripting" info :)

We'll catch up!

Ciao.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi, when export to pdf, it seems we cannot change the default line weight.
Regards
Moujiik
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.13 In reply to 8704.12 
Hi Moujiik

> Hi, when export to pdf, it seems we cannot change the default line weight.

I can't repeat this over here, which weights are you setting, is it something other than the visible lines one?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.14 In reply to 8704.1 
Hi Michael,

Mac full screen mode problem on OSX 10.9.5 still occurring here too.

Michel
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.15 In reply to 8704.13 
Hi Michael, whatever ligne weight i input, it get back to default see video
Moujiik

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Pleased that you use my French UI! :)

But alas for your glitch that works like a charm for me ! V4 of the 27 nov 2017 (Windows 10)

PS :
Something different than you : i can't save on the folder where you are! <o=[

On other place that works fine! :)

EDITED: 29 Nov 2017 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.17 In reply to 8704.15 
Hi moujiik.
I have everything working well.
Windows 7.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.18 In reply to 8704.15 
Hi Moujik, thanks for posting the video. It seems to be a problem with input fields and the particular way you're selecting the text. I can repeat your problem if I click and drag to select the text and make sure to release the mouse when off the field. If you do a single click on the field instead of a drag then that seems to work ok.

I'll investigate what's going wrong there, thank you for reporting it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.19 In reply to 8704.18 
Hmmm, and now I can't get it to happen anymore. There seems to be some kind of focus problem with input fields though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8704.20 In reply to 8704.9 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the clarification of the Area zoom, makes sense.

A little reminder, although it's probably already on your to-do list: switching to full-screen mode on MacOS doesn't yet work using the system shortcuts — Control + Command + F to toggle full screen mode, or Esc key to exit full screen mode.

Having said this, I'd very much prefer Esc to solely remain a MoI function to cancel operations in stead of also exiting full screen mode. In ZBrush, pressing Esc to cancel an operation also exits full screen mode, and even exits ZBrush Edit mode at the same time, which is quite frustrating.

Command + M to minimize an application to the dock, and Command + H to hide an application both work fine with MoI.

Thanks,

Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

EDITED: 29 Nov 2017 by METINSEVEN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-64