Previous
Next
8682.62 In reply to 8682.58 
Hi Michael,

My viewport navigation controls are:

• RMB = rotate Perspective viewport or pan orthographic viewport
• Control + RMB = zoom
• Shift + RMB = pan Perspective viewport

If I use either of those controls outside of the export dialog, the export dialog exits. Maybe the RMB cancels the export operation?

A positive note for now: I couldn't manage to recreate the selection drag lag. It might have been caused by MacOS having been active all day without restarting, causing fragmented (video) RAM and such fuzzy causes. I'll let you know if I encounter it again.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.63 In reply to 8682.62 
Hi Metin,

> If I use either of those controls outside of the export dialog, the export dialog exits.
> Maybe the RMB cancels the export operation?

Yeah right now if you do a right click in a viewport it will cancel the export. That's kind of an accident, it should probably be the same as pushing OK.

But that should only happen if you do a click in one spot, you should be able to get view manipulation if you drag the mouse instead of doing a click and release on one spot.

This should be the same behavior as V3 though, do you see any difference between V3 and V4 here?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.64 In reply to 8682.63 
Hi Michael,

Ah, all viewport navigation turns out to work without cancelling the Export process if I first left-click once outside the Export dialog, activating the main interface. In V3 this wasn't necessary.

On a side note: my RMB is assigned to a side-button of my Wacom pen, but that's how I've always worked with MoI.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design — https://metinseven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Today I tested my old and dusty 3d Connexion Space Navigator with MoI v4(Mac) + High Sierra 10.13.1 + 3DxWare 10 (latest). Everything works good.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.66 In reply to 8682.65 
Hi Max, thanks for testing the Space Navigator, I'm glad that is working again. I should be able to get to your other list sometime soon here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.67 In reply to 8682.16 
Hi Max,

>>5. I noticed a rare Orientation Picker bug. Unfortunately I don't know how to reproduce it.

Yes, i had this too...

But i can reproduce it with the attached 3dm file.

Open it - its normal but than use the CPlane tool - it start to flicker..
If you change to split view its even more flicker.
I can reproduce the flicker only with this file ...

This file was hardly tortured by a script i am working on where i also use a orientation picker..
(the script ChangeHole delete holes or change there diameter.. very beta)

I'm curious if one can reproduce it ( i`m on Mac 5k High Sierra)

Hope it helps
Ralf

EDITED: 22 Nov 2017 by R2D3

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.68 In reply to 8682.67 
Hi Ralf,

I noticed the same bug with your file. Thank you!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.69 In reply to 8682.67 
Hi Ralf, I can repro that over here on my Mac too (not on Windows), thanks that will help!

I had some very similar looking things during development not too long ago, which was because of a wrong index buffer being used.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.70 In reply to 8682.69 
Hi Michael.

Just out of curiosity...what kind of Windows machine are you using for testing Moi V4
(hardware and software config I mean...)

Thanks.

Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.71 In reply to 8682.70 
Hi Marco, nothing too fancy - a few years old quad-core Core i5 and Windows 7.

I have been thinking of building a ThreadRipper machine recently but have managed to resist so far.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.72 In reply to 8682.71 
Hmm.....ThreadRipper...
Coupled with a Vega 64 could be a rather affordable number crunching machine !!
Quadro cards are too, too much expensive and can't
offer excellent FP64 performance like Vega.
I have a Gtx 1080 Ti and it has "only" 480 GFLOPS in
FP64, much less than Vega, but it has 3600 cuda
and a super fast and massive 11Gb vram
and 11 TFLOPS in FP32.
For what I often do, that is GPU cuda rendering, is a bomb!

Ciao!

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.73 In reply to 8682.67 
Hi Max & Ralf, I found the orientation picker draw bug. It was on OpenGL only, it's something that OpenGL code is rather prone to where you can't just directly map/unmap a specific buffer, you have to kind of set it as the active one first and then say "map the active buffer", but if you're not careful setting the active index buffer can also inadvertently modify the index buffer that's set in some other collection of settings as well. So then things would draw with the wrong index buffer.

It will be fixed for the next beta, just let me gather up some more fixes for 3-4 more days and I'll release a new one.

Thanks for reporting it!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.74 In reply to 8682.1 
This is excellent... very happy to see V4 beta out. V4 looks much better than V3 on my MacBook and is much snappier.

I can't say enough good things about Moi3d and your support Michael. Keep up the good work!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.75 In reply to 8682.73 
>Thanks for reporting it!

Thanks for fixing it!!!!

Ralf
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.76 In reply to 8682.16 
Hi Max, thanks for all your work testing your scripts!

re:
> 1. factory.setInput function stops with "Invalid function argument" error when
> an argument type is wrong. In fact it's not a MoI problem, but (if I understand
> clearly) v3 in this case just set input to null and don't stop a script.

Hmmm, well it looks like v3 and earlier didn't null out the input it just silently did nothing if the value couldn't be used.

This is one of those cases where it's kind of hard to decide to do, should it do what's probably the wrong thing since v3 did? But that might make it harder in the future for someone to find out their new script isn't doing what they thought it was... Maybe wait and see if it comes up with some more older scripts?

> 2. moi.geometryDatabase.findstyle function returns a wrong data when it creates a new style.

Yup, this was definitely a bug in moi.geometryDatabase.findstyle for the case where it creates a new one. Fixed for the next release.

> 3. Something wrong with moi.command.getOption function. I can't read data from moi.ini

I can't seem to reproduce this one over here, is it possible that the option isn't present in your Mac moi.ini file? moi.command.getOption() will throw an 'Operation failed' exception if there isn't any such option in there.

> 4. Interactive scripts perfarmance problem. MoI v4 18.11 works much faster than
> with 13.11, but still slower than MoI v3/4(Win) and v3.1(Mac).

This one is going to take me quite a bit of effort to analyze very well, so probably after the next beta I can take a look. It is possible that raw script performance has taken a hit with the 64-bit transition, but it will take some profiling to try and see what's going on. EDIT: maybe I should ask you to clarify - is it only the v4 Mac version where this is happening?

> 5. I noticed a rare Orientation Picker bug. Unfortunately I don't know how to reproduce it.

You probably already saw but this one's fixed too now for the next release.

> Unfortunately I can't find a way to show previews in Moi html windows. Neither
> native nor script paths doesn't work.

So you mean you want to make a tag that loads a file from the appdata directory? How about if I add support in the moi:// protocol handler so you could do moi://appdata/Objects/Filename.png as the URL, similar to how moi://ui and moi://commands URLs can be used currently.

Thanks,
- Michael

EDITED: 23 Nov 2017 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Max,

I just noticed that cMorph doesn't work in the MoI beta. I get this error message:

———————

SyntaxError: Expected an identifier but found 'var' instead

cMorph.js line 47

43: curvesF.setInput( 0, objectpicker.objects );
44: curvesF.setInput( 1, 'Refit' );
45: curvesF.setInput( 2, 0.001 );
46: var curves = curvesF.calculate(),
47: >> var closedCurves = curves.item(0).isClosed && curves.item(1).isClosed;
48:
49: moi.ui.beginUIUpdate();
50: moi.ui.hideUI( 'SelectionPrompt' );
51: moi.ui.showUI( 'MorphOptions' );

———————

Many thanks in advance for updating it.

Regards,

— Metin

———————

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.78 In reply to 8682.77 
SyntaxError: Expected an identifier but found 'var' instead

cMorph.js line 47

43: curvesF.setInput( 0, objectpicker.objects );
44: curvesF.setInput( 1, 'Refit' );
45: curvesF.setInput( 2, 0.001 );
>>>>>>>46: var curves = curvesF.calculate(),
47: >> var closedCurves = curves.item(0).isClosed && curves.item(1).isClosed;
48:
49: moi.ui.beginUIUpdate();
50: moi.ui.hideUI( 'SelectionPrompt' );
51: moi.ui.showUI( 'MorphOptions' );

———————

on line 46 is a , instead of a ; at the end.
Perhaps it works if you change that...
Ralf
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.79 In reply to 8682.78 
Hi Ralf,

Yep, that turned out to be the culprit, thanks!

Here's the corrected version:

http://moi3d.com/forum/get_attachment.php?webtag=MOI&hash=54d4a04782fd5e60023309009004f9b6&filename=cMorph.js

Regards,

— Metin

———————

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.80 In reply to 8682.76 
Hi Michael

>>This is one of those cases where it's kind of hard to decide to do, should it do what's probably the wrong thing since v3 did? But that might make it harder in the future for someone to find out their new script isn't doing what they thought it was... Maybe wait and see if it comes up with some more older scripts?

Yes, you're right. As a programmer I agree with you.

>>I can't seem to reproduce this one over here, is it possible that the option isn't present in your Mac moi.ini file? moi.command.getOption() will throw an 'Operation failed' exception if there isn't any such option in there.

I'm sure this option exists in moi.ini. Maybe it's too long? I noticed this problem with mac version only (Operation failed).
code:
LightingOptions={"selected":"Oil Slick","themes":{"Default":{"lightingStyle":"Default","specularHighlights":false,"specularBrightness":0,
"specularFocusSize":0,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":false,"customKeyLightLevel":0,"customFillLightLevel":0},"Oil Slick":{"lightingStyle":"Default",
"specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.28,"specularFocusSize":2,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":true,"customKeyLightLevel":0,
"customFillLightLevel":0},"Aluminum":{"lightingStyle":"MoreFill","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.38,"specularFocusSize":0.73,"metallicLighting":true,
"fixedLightPositions":true,"customKeyLightLevel":0,"customFillLightLevel":0},"Car Body":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,
"specularBrightness":0.65,"specularFocusSize":1.5,"metallicLighting":true,"fixedLightPositions":true,"customKeyLightLevel":0.24,"customFillLightLevel":0.97},
"Chrome":{"lightingStyle":"Headlight","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":50,"specularFocusSize":2,"metallicLighting":true,"fixedLightPositions":false,
"customKeyLightLevel":0,"customFillLightLevel":0},"Clay":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.11,"specularFocusSize":0.4,
"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":false,"customKeyLightLevel":0.52,"customFillLightLevel":0.41},"Draft":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,
"specularBrightness":0.3,"specularFocusSize":0.16,"metallicLighting":true,"fixedLightPositions":false,"customKeyLightLevel":2,"customFillLightLevel":2},
"Dramatic":{"lightingStyle":"KeyOnly","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.14,"specularFocusSize":0.44,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":false,
"customKeyLightLevel":0,"customFillLightLevel":0},"Glass":{"lightingStyle":"Hemispheric","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":80,"specularFocusSize":10,
"metallicLighting":true,"fixedLightPositions":true,"customKeyLightLevel":0,"customFillLightLevel":0},"Porcelain":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,
"specularBrightness":0.28,"specularFocusSize":2,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":true,"customKeyLightLevel":0.08,"customFillLightLevel":1},
"Rubber":{"lightingStyle":"MoreFill","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.4,"specularFocusSize":0.6,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":true,
"customKeyLightLevel":0,"customFillLightLevel":0},"Showroom Shine":{"lightingStyle":"LessFill","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.3,
"specularFocusSize":1,"metallicLighting":true,"fixedLightPositions":true,"customKeyLightLevel":0,"customFillLightLevel":0},"Wax":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels",
"specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.9,"specularFocusSize":1.5,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":true,"customKeyLightLevel":0.08,
"customFillLightLevel":0.982},"Wetsuit":{"lightingStyle":"Hemispheric","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.19,"specularFocusSize":1.5,"metallicLighting":false,
"fixedLightPositions":true,"customKeyLightLevel":0,"customFillLightLevel":0},"Enamel":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.37,
"specularFocusSize":0.89,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":false,"customKeyLightLevel":1,"customFillLightLevel":0.14},"Clear Coat":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels",
"specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.17,"specularFocusSize":1,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":true,"customKeyLightLevel":-1,"customFillLightLevel":2},
"HighGloss Plastic":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":0.16,"specularFocusSize":0.62,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":false,
"customKeyLightLevel":-0.6,"customFillLightLevel":2},"Ornament":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":200,"specularFocusSize":3,
"metallicLighting":true,"fixedLightPositions":false,"customKeyLightLevel":1.07,"customFillLightLevel":-0.6},"Onyx":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,
"specularBrightness":90,"specularFocusSize":1,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":false,"customKeyLightLevel":0.4,"customFillLightLevel":-0.4},
"Velvet Night":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":5000,"specularFocusSize":6,"metallicLighting":false,"fixedLightPositions":false,
"customKeyLightLevel":-4,"customFillLightLevel":1},"Zebra Stripe":{"lightingStyle":"CustomLevels","specularHighlights":true,"specularBrightness":200,"specularFocusSize":0,
"metallicLighting":true,"fixedLightPositions":false,"customKeyLightLevel":0.6,"customFillLightLevel":-0.5}}}

>>This one is going to take me quite a bit of effort to analyze very well, so probably after the next beta I can take a look. It is possible that raw script performance has taken a hit with the 64-bit transition, but it will take some profiling to try and see what's going on. EDIT: maybe I should ask you to clarify - is it only the v4 Mac version where this is happening?

Yes. Mac version only. Windows version works perfectly.
You can test it with my SpherePointsPlus script (http://moi.maxsm.net/media/files/SpherePointsPlus.v.1.1.2014.10.23.zip). When I move slider I notice a significant stutters.
Also you can check this nod-file with the same functionality. It works much smoother than script.

EDITED: 7 Mar 2022 by SMIRNOV

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Congratulations on this tremendous achievement!
I imagine you must have been discouraged at many point at the insane amount of work required.

I had no time to test it more than kicking the tires, I'm in a bit of a work rush, but I'll get to more serious modelling soon.
On thing I noticed is the 'live' aspect of extrude seems slower in the Mac version than Windows.

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1  2-21  22-41  42-61  62-81  82-101  102-121  122-137