V4 beta Nov-18-2017 available now
 1-18  …  79-98  99-118  119-137

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

In the hope that the following will assist in bug hunting:-)

Besides the non-working SpurGearProfile script, the LogSkelion script, which permits selection of a center point, does not work.

Today I tried out the JacobianFunctionGraph script, which uses color (style) selection.
It gives a weird error,
ReferenceError: Can't find variable: font
Line 16, there is a {
g_style_index = 0;
} there.
(I removed the "curly brackets" { }, and it seems the g_style_index = 0 is the problem line.)

Also, Please note that the script JacobianFunctionGraph-copy does not load the copy, it loads the original, JacobianFunctionGraph, with Max's customUI.
Maybe it is a customUI problem. Wen the modified script was renamed JacobianFunctionGraphMOD, it loaded properly.
(I have "DisableFileCaching = y in MoI.ini.)

- Brian

EDITED: 26 Nov 2017 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Just installed a Samsung 28", UHD 4K monitor, model UE510, 28."
The quality of the display is very nice.
- Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.121 In reply to 8682.119 
Hi Brian, re: JacobianFunctionGraph not working, it looks like when an exception occurs in script from the .htm file the display of the lines of code with the >>> marker in it is not accurate, so disregard that part of the error message in this case and only pay attention to the top that says "ReferenceError: Can't find variable: font".

I looked around and it seems that this function in _JacobianFunctionGraph.htm file is were the error is at, I've marked the use of setting properties on font but there does not seem to be any such object. Looks like font will be 'undefined' an you can't assign properties to 'undefined'. Maybe exceptions in .htm file code in V3 were silently ignored or something like that which is why it's different there:

code:

<script>
			function PopulateFonts( factory )
			{
				var FontList = factory.getFonts();

for ( var i = 0; i < FontList.length; ++i )
				{
					var Option = document.createElement( 'option' );
					var FontName = FontList.item(i);
					Option.text = FontName;
					Option.value = FontName;

>>>>				font.add( Option, i );
				}

var InitFont = 'Arial';
				try
				{
					var PrevFont = moi.command.getOption( 'Text.htmDefaultFont' );
					if ( PrevFont != '' )
						InitFont = PrevFont;
				}
				catch(e) { }

>>>>			font.value = InitFont;

text.style.fontFamily = InitFont;
			}
			// Left out Initialize() and Shutdown() functions

</script>		

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.122 In reply to 8682.119 
Hi Brian, so re: JacobianFunctionGraph - it kind of looks like the entire PopulateFonts is maybe pasted in from a different command and shouldn't be in there at all? It seems to be referring to controls that are not in the .htm file. It looks like you can just remove it and remove the 2 calls to it in the .js file and then JacobianFunctionGraph appears to be working.

I guess probably in v3 the exception generated in the .htm code is silently eaten, as if there was a try/catch around the whole function.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Frenchy Pilou
>>New version of CMorph
Fixed

>>New version of NutsandBolts
Can't reproduce this error

>>New Cloth for V4
Lets wait for a new v4 beta
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.124 In reply to 8682.119 
Hi Brian,

re:
> the LogSkelion script, which permits selection of a center point, does not work.

On _LogSkelion.htm line #186:

code:
	<td><moi:UnsignedIntegerInput id="W" style="width:3em;" default="1.0" binding="Wslider.value = this.value"/></td>

Change the default="1.0" to default="1" and then it should work.

I've tuned this up for the next v4 beta which I think I might have ready tonight, so that default="1.0" on an integer input will work same as it did for v3.

re: SpurGearProfile - was that one of yours or one of Max's ? I looked on Max's file archive and only saw a _Gear one, is SpurGearProfile different?

- Michael

EDITED: 27 Nov 2017 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.125 In reply to 8682.123 
@Max
cMorph for V4 (Windows 10)
Perfect!
Just a little question!
(it's Curves and not PolyLines)

So maybe if you want grid:)

EDITED: 27 Nov 2017 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you Michael,

Still digesting your posts :-)

The SpurGearProfile is a very old script, by someone else, maybe 2008?
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#SpurGear
(So based upon your posts, my guess is that there is something else causing the error message, not just the first "variable/item...." in the script)

The JacobianFunctionGraph uses code from MoI's TEXT command/factory and in MoI3, displays some text.

-Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.127 In reply to 8682.126 
Hi Brian,

> The JacobianFunctionGraph uses code from MoI's TEXT command/factory and in MoI3, displays some text.

Right, but the problem is that some of that code from MoI's Text command is trying to access UI controls (like for the font dropdown) that were in the Text command but are not present in JacobianFunctionGraph. This is happening in the function PopulateFonts() in the .htm file. If you remove that function, and also remove the 2 places in the .js that were calling it, then I think you should avoid that 'font' error.

Basically the text command in its UI had a <moi:Select id="font"> which that code would add stuff to, JacobianFunctionGraph doesn't have that control in its UI yet it is still trying to run the code that added to it. In v3 it just happened that the error was silently masked.

Hope that makes sense! :) The other parts that use the text factory for generating text curves are fine, those ones are not trying to access any UI controls that are not present in this command. The one that's the problem is PopulateFonts() in the .htm file.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.128 In reply to 8682.1 
Hello Michael.

As usual, I've a little "developer side" request :)

Just in order to keep us up to date about which are the "internal" changes of the new V4 betas,
could you please create a unified page or (better) a shared PDF file, in which we can easily find all the changes (small or big) that
you are currently doing or you already did to the Moi's Api/Css/Dialog/HTML/invocation method/numeric fields/UI changes/etc..., compared to the V3 ?

In this way all of use that want to correct old scripts or write new ones, can easily reach all the necessary information,
without having to dig into the "mare magnum" of all the posts here and there related to the V4 beta.

This could be a great, huge help for all of us that are engaged into the "coding" activity.

Thank you very much.

Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.129 In reply to 8682.128 
Hi Marco, when I make a release I go through my change logs and include that information in the forum post here. Also same as with previous betas all the release notes will be collected on the wiki here: http://moi3d.com/wiki/V4Beta . Please refer to that for information on changes.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.130 In reply to 8682.129 
Ok Michael.

Got it!

Ciao.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.131 In reply to 8682.126 
Hi Brian, re: SpurGearProfile - that's not working because of the issue Max mentioned a while ago that calling factory.setValue( index, val ) in the current version of v4 will throw an exception if the supplied value is not of an applicable type that the factory expects. V3 and earlier just silently ignored it in this case. I'll update v4 to have the same behavior as v3 here so SpurGearProfile should be back working again in the next release.

I'm just about ready to do a new release but the fix for the undo bug is slightly tricky so I think I'd better not rush it right out the door tonight, it should be ready tomorrow.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
When I go to export a mesh (fbx) and I type in the angle it allows me to type it does not respond initially (going from 12 to 3 does nothing) I have to use the slider once (I slide it all the way to More polygons) to make the typed portion work. the typing portion will work independently after I use the slider the first time. If that makes sense. can anyone else see if that is the case for them as well?
thanks,
Val
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.133 In reply to 8682.132 
Hi Val, I can't seem to repeat the typed in angle not responding initially over here. What OS are you on, and what are you doing exactly, like do you click in the field and then start typing, do you use the number panel that pops up, or do you just type keystrokes without clicking anything first?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
sorry, win 10, Now I can't get it to repeat it myself. I had been able to repeat it before but then I closed everything down reopened the same file and now it works. If it happens again I will post what I do in more detail.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Quick question, since beta is 64 bit and now it loads a very serious amount of CAD data, also exports impressive size obj's, now the speed of viewport is a serious bottleneck. I work in medical robotics company and our cad assets are pretty huge to say the least.
Any inside on view port performance future?

Thanks,
Roman
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8682.136 In reply to 8682.135 
Hi Roman, I do expect to do some work on viewport performance improvements once the v4 beta is stabilized and the few remaining missing v3 functions are implemented.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Michael,

Tried again and got the error. I opened up moi made a sphere went to file/export save to a place the select the 12 (blue selection) and type in 3 over top and nothing happens. I then go and slide the slider over and it all works. I got it to do it three times in a row (closing moi and reopening it) before I typed this.

cheers,

Val
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-18  …  59-78  79-98  99-118  119-137