V4 beta Nov-13-2017 available now
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  …  221-231

Previous
Next
8675.41 In reply to 8675.32 
// Hi PaQ, awesome looking results! Did you happen to look at how much RAM was being used for those?

If I remember right, when meshing the engine @23Gb of ngones, the system usage was about 20Gb of ram.
The meshing process takes 73sec, on a 6 cores cpu ... freaking awesome I would say !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

Excellent update, I no longer have to move to another application to continue with larger models. I am experiencing a little odd behavior with fillets, I have a model that is a bit of a torture test. When I attempt to fillet all the features at once it gives me a calculation failed but ends up filleting around half of them anyway. There is one fillet that is a persistent problem but I'm chalking that up to nothing changing in the filleting engine.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.43 In reply to 8675.40 
yes for line 80
but now Options and hHelp are no longer on the right-hand side of the footer
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Many thanks for the first beta. I've read that there are already some people who have tested the Mac version. Do I understand correctly that most functions don't work at the moment in the Mac V4 beta? In that case, would it be OK if I to wait until the next update?

Thanks,

— Metin

———————

metinseven.com — visualization • illustration • animation • 3D (print) design

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
just downloaded V4.

I first noticed the window pane font seems missing, see attached. after this when i open a file i am presented with the open dialogue box, this works fine but after i have selected open I just get a big white box where the open dialogue box was. I dont see the desktop or other software in this "box"

I am on a iMac with system el capitan i think. I say i think as the proverbial white box won't let the about this mac show up!
Image Attachments:
Size: 32.5 KB, Downloaded: 133 times, Dimensions: 410x208px
Size: 701.5 KB, Downloaded: 68 times, Dimensions: 1187x878px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
so it seems the white box maybe there whilst its processing the opening of a large file (80mb). Also the text in top of panes now has some text in it once i opened a smaller file. see attached. Would be good like you say to make moi responsive whist processing - at moment screen is unworkable until file has opened.

matt
Image Attachments:
Size: 36.8 KB, Downloaded: 37 times, Dimensions: 301x183px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.47 In reply to 8675.46 
Hi Matt, re: frozen appearance while loading - yeah I want to do some work a bit later on that should prevent that from happening. At the moment though it's normal for it to look odd during a heavy file load that's from the UI not responding promptly to the operating system telling it to redraw right then. Just as long as it goes away once the file is actually loaded.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.48 In reply to 8675.43 
Hi Finema,
My footer DOES have Options and Help. (Edit, yes, no longer separated to the right.)
I recall seeing a scrollbar earlier today...

- Brian

EDITED: 14 Nov 2017 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Ok, I just updated it to a new Nov-13 build which should fix the problem with lots of commands not running on Mac. No changes for the Windows version. The updated version is here: http://moi3d.com/beta.htm .

Hopefully that should get the Mac version going well now.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.50 In reply to 8675.48 
I did NOT copy any icons over from MoI3.
There are about a half dozen differences +/-
- B
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
so I've managed to open up a monster of a file (could never open in v3) but now i notice the number in top left of my window viewport shows 3d -611. What does the 611 mean? i noticed one small models this number was around the 5 mark . .

great work micheal, I'm blown away that i can now crack open a lot of these big files :-)
Image Attachments:
Size: 39.9 KB, Downloaded: 22 times, Dimensions: 316x192px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.52 In reply to 8675.49 
WOW!!

Looks GREAT on a iMac 5K!!!

And so far the tools are working now!:-)

I have one main issue:
My Mouse is not zooming... (Apple MagicMouse2) instead its panning... :-(
But 3Dconnexion is working :-)

something curious:
My shortkeys are imported but show up different..
Example: Copy Clipboard was CMD+C and in V4 its Alt+C

I love the new Inputboxes for the shortkeys! :-)

V3:

V4

Michael you are GREAT!

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.53 In reply to 8675.51 
Hi Matt, that's great that you can work with files that V3 couldn't handle!

> but now i notice the number in top left of my window viewport shows 3d -611. What does
> the 611 mean? i noticed one small models this number was around the 5 mark . .

The number up there is the amount of time in milliseconds it took for the last screen draw in that viewport. That will be up there for a while so it will be a little easier to measure display performance as more work is done in that area.

You could probably speed up that heavy model redraw by modifying some settings before you open the file, try going to Options > View and set "Mesh angle" at the top to a rougher angle like 25 degrees and uncheck "Add detail to inflections". That will make for a bit rougher looking shaded surface display but should also increase performance. With smaller files if you want them to look nicer on screen you can set it back to the default Mesh angle = 10 degrees.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.54 In reply to 8675.52 
Hi r2d3,

> WOW!!
>
> Looks GREAT on a iMac 5K!!!
>
> And so far the tools are working now!:-)

That's great! And yes it should be a particularly big improvement on Retina displays.

> I have one main issue:
> My Mouse is not zooming... (Apple MagicMouse2) instead its panning... :-(
> But 3Dconnexion is working :-)

Yeah I thought that magic mouse might be a problem, the difficulty is in figuring out the difference between it and a trackpad being used. At the moment I kind of sacrificed the magic mouse for trackpads to work with multi touch. I'll be working on this some more in the next few days.

> something curious:
> My shortkeys are imported but show up different..
> Example: Copy Clipboard was CMD+C and in V4 its Alt+C

Hmmm, yeah probably a bug or complication left over from Wineskin - in V3/Wineskin Alt and Cmd were interchangeable and couldn't be set separately because when you used Cmd Wine would actually send an Alt key since Windows programs don't know about Cmd. So it's something like V3 actually stored them in the moi.ini file as Alt but then displayed Cmd in the editor pane. I'll have to think of what to do about that.

> I love the new Inputboxes for the shortkeys! :-)

Good! Yes now as you probably noticed when you set up a shortcut key you actually do the keystroke you want instead of typing in the name manually. That should make things easier to set up.

Thanks,
- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Great work, Michael! Thank you!
I tested both Win and Mac versions - everything works good.

P.S. At the moment some of my scripts don't work, but it's OK, I'll fix them later.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.56 In reply to 8675.49 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the new native Mac version.

Just downloaded Nov 13th Mac version.
Testing simple operations on Mac book pro Retina OSX 10.9.5
Yes, the new interface is very crisp on Retina display. Nice!

All Construct operations enter into infinite calculation.
When no objects selected, if I click on screen repetitvely, strange artefacts appear and disappear randomly.

Creation of curves and Solids work fine and Transform operations work too.

Also, are there any differences between v3 ini and v4 ini as they share the same file on my Mac ?

Thanks again,

Michel
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.57 In reply to 8675.55 
That's great Max! So one thing I've been meaning to tell you is that a couple of months back I used your node editor as the main compatibility test. Initially it didn't work on Mac and I found it was mostly because I was at that time returning back native paths from directory functions like getUIDir() etc... which was pretty different than how V3/Wineskin/Mac behaved with its pretend z:\ drive paths. So to solve that I made those functions still return Windows/Wine style z:\ drive paths still with v4. That seems easiest anyway since then scripts can just focus on handling one kind of path and work cross platform with less platform specific logic needed at least that's the idea. But I may be missing some places that should accept either one of a "script path" or a "native path".

If you do want native paths there are new functions moi.filesystem.toNativePath( path ) which will convert from a "Script path" (z:\ drive on Mac) into a native path and moi.filesystem.toScriptPath( path ) which does the reverse.

Also you've probably seen already but the Mac directory structure has changed somewhat since there's no drive_c/moi in it anymore. But on Mac getProcessDir() will return Contents/Resources and the commands and ui directories are under there so hopefully that will resemble the old structure fairly well.

If you can tell me which scripts aren't working or send them to me I'll see if I can tune up things so they work as-is hopefully. They may be exposing things that should be fixed up so other scripts in the future don't have to worry about some details like path conversions. Some other things like any layout behavior differences from the newer WebKit may need to be changed in the script though.

Thanks,
- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.58 In reply to 8675.56 
Hi Michel, thanks for testing it!

> All Construct operations enter into infinite calculation.

Hmmm, I was hoping this was solved by the new build from just a couple hours ago. Please carefully check that you definitely have the Nov-13 build and not the Nov-12 one.

> When no objects selected, if I click on screen repetitvely, strange artefacts appear and disappear randomly.

So if something is selected it doesn't happen? Is it possible to get a screen capture of one, that may give me a clue for where to look.

> Also, are there any differences between v3 ini and v4 ini as they share the same file on my Mac ?

There shouldn't be any difference - MoI v4 will put a couple new settings in there like the main window position is stored differently so it can handle stuff like full screen zoom state but v3 should just ignore and retain any of those new things.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.59 In reply to 8675.56 
Hi Michel, do you possibly run any Anti-Virus software on your Mac?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello, Michael,
is there a detailed manual to get the CustomUI back in V4 for the Mac?
-moritz
Image Attachments:
Size: 27.5 KB, Downloaded: 56 times, Dimensions: 601x137px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-120  …  221-231