V4 beta Nov-13-2017 available now
 1-5  …  186-205  206-225  226-231

Previous
Next
8675.226 In reply to 8675.225 
Hi Michael
Ya, I am not code literate enough to figure out that problem, but was able to follow along and understand my friend as he found what was needed to make the sidepane alteration script work. This script still leaves the heading joined and all the function icons in one group. It would be nice to have groups seperated with separate title blocks, but both open at the same time. IMHO I would like to be able to customize the sidepane layout in this way from the Options window ?
I'm sure you are busy with totally different subject matters so sorry for the distraction !!

Thanks a lot !! Aloha, Karl
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.227 In reply to 8675.226 
Hi Karl,

> IMHO I would like to be able to customize the sidepane layout in
> this way from the Options window ?

Yes, I've tried to figure out how to approach doing that. It would be pretty straightforward if the content there was never going to change. The difficult part is when new commands or entire tabs are introduced in the future, and trying to merge those changes in with a customized layout.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.228 In reply to 8675.227 
Hi Michael
Got Ya,
I really like the simplicity of the Icon UI layout in Moi. It is not cluttered and makes finding the right function easy and less confusing like CADs that have side panels with 3 or 4 rows of icons , taking more time to search for where you want to go next. I guess I have a simple mind and it is also distracting to have that many icons staring at me all the time too. The motivation behind this suggestion is I am switching between Construct and Transform a lot and there is room to have both open in my UI setting.
Have a great weekend !! Karl
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.229 In reply to 8675.228 
Thanks Karl, I'm glad you are liking the UI concept for MoI! I think tends to help a lot to have both icons and text displayed at the same time, it's more "browsable" than a big chunk of just icons alone.

One thing that might work in the future when more tabs are added, I think I can separate Construct and Transform at that time and put the new tabs alongside those instead of just adding new tabs to the bottom only as I had originally planned.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.230 In reply to 8675.61 
That's an incredible model
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Anyone having a problem with their mouse? Mine was acting very strange - had to close and reopen. Seems to be working now.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-5  …  166-185  186-205  206-225  226-231