V4 beta Nov-13-2017 available now
 1-20  …  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-231

Previous
Next
8675.161 In reply to 8675.160 
Hi Finema, do you possibly have any other mouse you could use to test with to see if it only happens with the magic mouse?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.162 In reply to 8675.160 
Hi Michael ..
I may be experiencing something similar. Sometimes the UI icons don't seem to respond at all. It is random but once it is locked up it seems difficult to get a response. I'll start paying specific attention to see if I can describe when it happens.
Windows 10 Pro. HP mid tower, Intel 7, 16g ram.
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.163 In reply to 8675.161 
Michael,
I use a magic Mouse 2.
But i've tested with a Magic Mouse (1) and i can't reproduce the bug.
Thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.164 In reply to 8675.163 
>I use a magic Mouse 2.

Can you zoom with your MagicMouse2?

I can only pan...
But your bug doesnt happen to me..
Ralf
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.165 In reply to 8675.164 
Hi Ralf
No, I can't zoom with magiMouse2
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.166 In reply to 8675.165 
Magic mouse not zooming is related to the trackpad view manipulating not being finished, I need to be able to figure out how to tell the difference between getting a trackpad scroll event or the magic mouse scroll event to get that fixed up.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.167 In reply to 8675.162 
Hi eric - when you say the icons don't respond do you mean they are 100% completely dead and don't do anything whatsoever when you move your mouse over thtem, or is it more like the buttons show mouseover and click appearance but when you click them nothing happens?

Knowing that may help me to focus more on UI infrastructure or command-running infrastructure.

Thanks, - Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael.
The Rebuild Script.
In the field Tolerance default outputs 0, in v3 were 0,1.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.169 In reply to 8675.163 
Hi Finema,

> I use a magic Mouse 2.
> But i've tested with a Magic Mouse (1) and i can't reproduce the bug.

Thanks for this information - I'll order a Magic Mouse 2 so I can test it over here. I'll have the best chance at fixing it if I can repeat it here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.170 In reply to 8675.168 
Hi Vladimir, so what's probably happening there is related to UI controls showing 2 decimal places of accuracy. The initial default for the Rebuild command tolerance is 0.01 which should display ok since it's only 2 decimal places. But if you type in something with more decimal places than that like 0.001 for example, then that will be the new default for any more runs of the command during this same modeling session but when that gets rounded to 2 decimal places for display it will show 0 . V3 should behave the same way.

I've been meaning to tune this up for some time, maybe one way it can work is if you enter in a value with more decimal places than the current display setting it should give more decimal places on that particular control so you won't see a rounded display value.

For the moment you can also bump up the default display precision under Options > General > Decimal display - set it to 1.000 with 3 zeros showing.

I'll try to get this tuned up for the next beta.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.171 In reply to 8675.170 
Michael, thanks for the reply. This is the only problem, is corrected by manual input, overall the script works.
Let's wait for the hotfix, thanks again.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.172 In reply to 8675.168 
Hi Vladimir
on my V4, Tolerance output 0,01
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.173 In reply to 8675.167 
Yes, Michael, they are completely dead at times. No response at all.
The mouse I use is a basic plain vanilla logitech wireless M560. No problem with V3.
cheers,eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi, I just booted this up and played for 10 minutes. Maybe its just me, but I cant see ANY noticeable difference between V3 and this version (apart from the viewports now have a number below their description which I don't understand). Is everything new under the hood or are there other changes? Are they listed somewhere?

Personally I'd like more ability to deform objects (like a freeform cage or something) so I can get 'closer' to organic modelling than is currently possible.

Thanks
Simon
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.175 In reply to 8675.174 
It's just a version(s) for validate the 64 bits new paradigm! (Mac & PC)
As soon as all works fine, all new functions will be added! ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.176 In reply to 8675.174 
Hi Simon, yes the differences for this version are all under the hood in the foundations. The main differences are that MoI is now a 64-bit program and on the Mac it's a native build rather than using the Wineskin system.

The 64-bit part means that MoI can now make use of all your system memory instead of only being able to use around 3.5 GB. For example if you were working on a large model in V3 and attempted to export it out to a mesh file format, you would easily run into an "Insufficient memory" error and you'd be unable to do the export. With v4 doing that same export won't run into that problem anymore. So it basically sets the stage for being able to use MoI with much more complex objects than before.

For the Mac there are other additional improvements, the "native Mac build" part means it's 64-bit there too and numerous glitches in things like general window sizing behavior won't be a problem anymore.

But yes if you're not working with large files and not working on the Mac there won't be anything really noticeable for v4 quite as of yet. That's actually why I put off this work for quite some time but the longer I put it off the harder it would become to make the switch over.

There are still a few details to finish up for the foundational work but then I will be shifting back to working on some more regular individual features rather than the foundational stuff.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

Great work as always! One thing though ... after running the beta, my v.3.1 (on Mac OS 10.12.1) is now displaying any UI fonts very course and bitmapped. It appears that there's no font smoothing being performed anymore.

Is there a way to bring it back for v.3.1? Thanks!

- Fabien
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.178 In reply to 8675.176 
First of all.. many many thank! Its so fast, so nice. Huge improvement.

A few things I found on OSX:
- The trackpad zoom is very very tiny. I set it multiply to 100 to even see it. However on larger models it get tiny again. So maybe you could make it more scene size dependent?
- Trackpad role doesn't work.. not so important. (Two finger turn, works in Blender).
- The Mesher in OBJ export doesn't remember the Angle after an export, so its set to default value again (12). Also it would be good to have these settings general saved, like last session or so.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.179 In reply to 8675.177 
Hi Fabien,

> Is there a way to bring it back for v.3.1? Thanks!

It's probably the result of a bug in the v4 beta where it overwrites the UI font name property used by v3 in moi.ini - I had meant to keep them separate but made a mistake there.

To fix it, try copying your moi.ini file which is at ~/Library/Application Support/Moi/moi.ini into the Contents/Resources folder inside the v4 beta's app bundle. This should make the v4 beta use its own separate moi.ini file instead of the normal shared one.

Then edit your main moi.ini file and remove the UIFontName= line in the [UI] section. This should reset v3's font back to default.

This will be fixed up for the next v4 beta so v4 and v3 will use separate font name properties in moi.ini so it allows v4 to use a new font while still sharing other settings.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8675.180 In reply to 8675.178 
Hi Robert, thanks for reporting these problems.

re:
> - The trackpad zoom is very very tiny. I set it multiply to 100 to even see it. However on larger
> models it get tiny again. So maybe you could make it more scene size dependent?

Does this only happen in the 3D perspective view or does it also happen in an ortho view?

> - Trackpad role doesn't work.. not so important. (Two finger turn, works in Blender).

I think you can enable a 2 finger turn under Options > View > MultiTouch options. You can set "Rotate ortho views" and/or "Allow 3D rotation tilt" there, does that do it?

> - The Mesher in OBJ export doesn't remember the Angle after an export, so its set to default value
> again (12). Also it would be good to have these settings general saved, like last session or so.

Hmm, the way it's intended to work is that settings should be saved for any further exports in the same program session but not if you exit MoI and start a new session. You can enable settings persisting between sessions though by setting PersistSettingsBetweenSessions=y in the [Mesh Export] section of moi.ini .

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  …  101-120  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-231