Writing dynamic UI for Moi's command

Next
Hi Michael and everyone.

I have a general question about usage of Javascript in Moi's commands.

I'm trying to improve one of my latest script and I need to make it more "dynamic" and "clever".

For example, let's talk about the command "FilterCurvesByLength" that I have written some days ago (you can find it here http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8608.4)

The command's UI, inter alia, has two sliders.

Now, I would like that the "max" attribute of these sliders could be set in runtime by Javascript.

I need to do that because is totally useless to have a slider with "max=200" that should specify the upper limit of the range, regarding the curve length,
when, for example, the longest curve is only 100 units.

So, I need to set the "max" attributes assigning to it the value of a Javascript variable.

For example, into the HTML code of the "FilterCurvesByLength" command's page I have this code :

code:
<tr>
    <td colspan=3 id="maxlensliderContainer"><moi:Slider id="maxlenslider" min="0" max="200" style="width:100%" onmousemovevaluechange="doFilter();"/></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td colspan=3 id="maxlenInputContainer"><moi:DistanceInput id="maxlen" style="width:6em;" default="1" binding="maxlenslider.value = this.value"/></td>
</tr>

Well. Now I need to dynamycally change the max="200" to assign it a value that I calculated inside the "function init() {...}".

I have tried many ways but nothing worked.

For example I tried something like this :

code:
		function renderPage() {
			maxLengthValue = 20; // I put here this statements only for example. maxLengthValue is calculated inside function init() {...}

document.getElementById("maxlensliderContainer").innerHTML =
				"<moi:Slider id=\"maxlenslider\" min=\"0\" max=\"" + maxLengthValue + "\" style=\"width:100%\" onmousemovevaluechange=\"doFilter();\"/>";			

return true;
		}
	</script>
</head>
<body onload="renderPage();" class="commandbody">

It seems that after executing that code the binding between the slider and the numeric input field (id="maxlen") doesn't work anymore.
(Assuming that my code at least changes in the correct way the "max=200" attribute of the slider...)

How can I do ?

Thanks for help!

Marco (mkdm)

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8610.2 In reply to 8610.1 
Hi Marco,

I'm not sure, but try change outerHTML preperty. Also you can try .replaceChild function.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8610.3 In reply to 8610.1 
Hi Marco, I think you asked this question also on your other thread: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8608.5

I happened to see that other one first so I answered it there.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All