Odd behavior - MoI dropping or losing focus

Next
I am experiencing some odd behavior from MoI on the Mac. Click in a data entry field and begin to type and suddenly the field is deselected and the input has vanished. Only workaround seems to be to click and type very fast. Also, grabbing an object and dragging it to a new position often leads to the object being dropped somewhere along the way. Same with rotations and other functions. This leads to undoing and redoing movements a lot since you are never quite sure whether the last action got all the way to the goal before it "dropped."

Anyone else notice this happening? I thought I had seen some mention of it on the board before, but no search I can think to try turns up an answer.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8578.2 In reply to 8578.1 
Hi Mark, I have heard one other person mention it but I haven't been able to repeat it over here.

It kind of sounds like there are spurious mouse events being generated somehow. Do you have anything on your setup other than a standard plain system? Like any helper programs running, any additional devices than a mouse, ... ?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Battery in cordless keyboard or mouse?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I use a corded mouse.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8578.5 In reply to 8578.4 
Hi Mark, if you happen to have another mouse around you might try swapping it for your current one and see if that does anything.

Also do you have any kind of helper programs running that have anything to do with the mouse or window handling?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Sorry to take so long to follow up on this. I asked the question, then had a string of personal biz to deal with that kept me away from MoI time for a bit.

I'm using a basic, wired, Logitech wheel mouse. The only mouse driver is the Apple driver that comes with OS 10.12.6. The only suspicious thing I noticed in my control panel was a legacy driver for a Griffin iMate that I used on an earlier system to provide ADB access via the USB port. These things follow from system to system via the "migration" helper. It seemed to be inactive, but I've removed it now. Still seeing the behavior but I have yet to reboot. Will do so now and report back in a bit.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Reboot after removing the iMate driver did not solve it.

Then I switched away from my wired mouse to the Apple wireless mouse than came with the Mac. Same problem.

A further data point: When I select an object to export, the dialog that comes up has the file named highlighted so you can begin typing the name of the exported file. This highlighting lasts from a second to a few seconds, but always "goes gray" as the attention of the program is drawn away. This occurs whether I have started to type, or just sat motionless after invoking export. It's as if the dialog box is suddenly "in the background."

None of these behaviors happens outside of MoI.

Curiouser and curiouser...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Does unplugging the internet make any difference?
With Windows 7 IE, at 35 mbps, I've noticed that there seems to be an increasing amount of advertising popping up all over the internet pages,
slowing internet response to a crawl at times.
(But this is not a MoI problem.)
- Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8578.9 In reply to 8578.7 
Hi Mark, sorry unfortunately I can't think of anything else to try with the current version. Hopefully v4 will solve this problem, the v4 Mac version has been rewritten to use a Mac native compile and won't use the "Wineskin" mechanism anymore. It's probably some quirk with Wineskin/XQuartz that is causing the problem would be my best current guess.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8578.10 In reply to 8578.9 
Hi Michael, looking at this thread I think that I had a similar issue a while ago. I can't remember exactly what I had done but essentially I had added a shortcut key into MoI that also corresponded to a mac shortcut! Therefore everytime I hit the shortcut key it did not do what I wanted in MoI, but went to somewhere else entirely....

-James Elliott
www.jameselliott.co.uk
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8578.11 In reply to 8578.9 
Thanks for trying, Michael.

If I stumble on to something in the mean time, I'll post it here. Otherwise, I'll hang in there for the V.4 upgrade.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All