Bottle with hard edges modelling (rail sweep, loft or something else)

Next
Hi,

Once again I come here for help. I`m trying to model another bottle - and this time it is far more complicated. I tried few approaches to this topic, and every time I failed.

This is the bottle I`m talking about:

And here we have my complete disasters:

Please dont get me wrong, I`m not expecting that someone will do this for me, but can you share with me a general approach how would you do this bottle? A have a little experience in Moi, and I`m afraid that this bottle overwhelm me. :)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8561.2 In reply to 8561.1 
Hi Andrew, yeah that one is pretty complex so it's going to be difficult.

My general advice is that it looks like you're trying to build too much all in one single sweep or loft command. You generally don't want to make a single loft or sweep surface that has too much variation in it, you'll need to build objects that have significant variations in shape out of more than one component, not try to make them all out of one single surface. Probably in particular that applies to the top area where it narrows down and shoots off at an angle.

Another thing that might help is to visualize all more tightly bent areas as being sharp initially and use filleting to smooth them out after you have built an initial blocked out simple version.

You also might initially ignore the scalloped out part of the main body and build an initial version that is just straight there and then focus on carving out the scalloped areas after a simplified main body is all set up.

Later today I'll see if I can give you some examples.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Or a simple (loose loft #Points 50):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgF6VFezvIYchBGS0vUSgs5cWqsK
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8561.5 In reply to 8561.1 
Thanks zarkow!

@Andrew - will zarkow's results above work for you? That's using the Loft style = "Loose" option in Loft which is a lot more tolerant of changes in direction than the regular loft. With the loose style loft the surface is more gently guided by the profile curves instead of being forced to go directly through them and is less prone to stressed and buckled areas.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
@Michael Thank you for the pro tip, I will try make some more attempts remembering your guides. Much appreciate:)

@Zarkow Once againg, thank you! Thats almost, what I`m looking for:-P Almost, because there is still this ugly pinch where two harde dges collide. At the original bottle, its completly smooth. But seriously: thank you! I`ll try to make some new tries with Michels and yours help:)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM