So, it looks we are close to the official release, Good!
All  1-4  5-8

Previous
Next
856.5 In reply to 856.4 
Yeah once I have the documentation going, I think I'll have that up on the web site in its own section, I can add a "Tips and Tricks" type section there as well with various bits of info there.

Actually, just collecting links to informative forum posts in one spot would probably be a good start.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
856.6 In reply to 856.5 
The people over at sketchucation have done a really great job with their forum page. Great little icons and catagories for all things related to sketchup
http://www.sketchucation.com/scf/
check it out when you get a chance if you aren't already familiar with this page

Anyways.....i can't wait for the release. it's a really wonderful tool. I'm still trying to figure out how I can integrate some of its features into my workflow. It looks like this program would lend itself more to industrial design rather than architecture. This of coarse is true only because of what I have seen. I"m also a total noob at this type of software.

Regardless ---i can't wait.
thanks Michael
Ypnos
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
856.7 In reply to 856.6 
> It looks like this program would lend itself more to industrial design rather than architecture.

Hi Ypnos, yes I think that is correct.

However, there is a certain flavor of architecture that is more "industrial design-ish" and less hard-edge and boxy. MoI is a good solution to that sort of style of architecture, like stuff that does not fit inside of a more standard pattern.

It's also not too unusual for just a few certain elements of an architectural design to have a more freeform curvy structure. Like imagine a parking garage - the garage itself may be pretty straightforward and work well with standard architecture modelers, but maybe one ramp in the design needs to be made of more flowing curves. MoI can be handy for modeling just these kinds of curvy elements within a larger design.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I am an engineer doing 100% architectural design. I can't use MoI for my building plans, since there is no dimensions, hatches. Also, I usually need BIM (Building Information Modeling) technology so that's why I use Revit Architecture.
Moi is my favorite tool for general modeling for my building models, especially for my interior projects (stores, office buildings etc) because Revit is not good at general modeling. I have 1-2 examples in the gallery thread showing what I mean.
I think MoI is a great tool and I will use it very often for furniture modeling, light fixtures, exterior objects, special constructions from wood, gypsumboard, difficult false ceilings, etc.

I think MoI 2.0 will be even better with object handling, grouping, maybe some more 2D functions etc... So it's worth having such a nice tool

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-8