Cannot Fillet Challenge
All  1-5  6-8

Previous
Next
8557.6 In reply to 8557.3 
Thank you so much for your help! I had seen different comments of this issue wherein polygon modelers seem to have a hard time reprogramming their thinking to better leverage NURBS modeling.

I took your advice and tried approaching the shape differently. I redrew the curves based on the silhouette of the object, and then boolean those curves into an oblong ellipse. You were right, and it worked this time (see attached). In fact, the 'nose' piece, that contains the rounded curve at the tip, was also causing some issues where the fillet was too large. Of course dialing down the size resolved this. Thanks again for your input (from the man himself no less (!)
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8557.7 In reply to 8557.5 
WoW! I was busy trying to remodel that shape and noticed there were new responses. Really incredible support you all, thank you so much!

@BurrMan, I just watched your video and thank you for sharing. It was good to watch a more experienced user approach the problem from a different angle. I noticed your use of network to address a lot of the curves, good call.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8557.8 In reply to 8557.7 
No worries cj,

Michales response is the one to REALLY pay attention to for your future endeavors...

Peace out.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-5  6-8