Editing pipes

Next
I've made a curved, hollow pipe using the pipe script. I can move around the control points for the curve the pipe follows, but the pipe's shape doesn't change once it's been extruded. Is it possible to get the pipe to respond to the updated curve without having to delete and re-extrude it (i.e. make the pipe interactive)? Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
8533.2 In reply to 8533.1 
Hi Involute, the history update mechanism that kicks in when you edit a curve needs all the input objects to be present in the current model in order for a result to be recalculated. The way the pipe script works is it creates a circle and uses Sweep to make the pipe, and then the circle is deleted. So that's why it won't work with history currently because it's not able to find the circle used as the profile for the sweep.

If you make a non-hollow pipe by drawing your own circle curve off to the side somewhere and using Sweep, that should then work for a history update when you edit the path curve. You can then make it hollow after you're done editing by selecting the end caps and using Construct > Offset > Shell.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All