Suggestion: MOP Booleans
 1-9  10-29  30-34

Previous
Next
8509.30 In reply to 8509.27 
Your candor is not only refreshing but greatly appreciated and clear. You have a great product, I use it daily and it is one of my favorite 3D applications. I am looking forward to v4!!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8509.31 In reply to 8509.27 
Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for more info and explanation. It makes sense and i understand so i guess little bit of patience and we we'll get there eventually. ;)

I am little bit curios about "...the plan...involves using a library from another company ".

Is there any info for what will that new library mean for Moi? What kind of a things we can more or less expect from it eventually?
No need for in depth review, just some basic points if it's ok to share, of course! Perhaps some link for eventually relevant info to Moi for further read or/and any other software using that library as rough example of what potentially Moi might also get in the future?

Thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8509.32 In reply to 8509.31 
The kernel was the subject of several posts a few months ago.
My internet searches were not very fruitful.
- Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8509.33 In reply to 8509.32 
Kubotek KCM
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8509.34 In reply to 8509.31 
Hi klaudio,

> Is there any info for what will that new library mean for Moi? What kind of a things we can more or less
> expect from it eventually? <...>

Well, the main goals to start with would be better filleting and shelling. The main thing after that would be "local operation" support for faces which means being able to transform a face and have the surrounding geometry extend to meet the edited surface. Another thing I'd be hopeful for would be surface fitting for hole filling.

> Perhaps some link for eventually relevant info to Moi for further read or/and any other software
> using that library as rough example of what potentially Moi might also get in the future?

Well since it's new and not finished yet there isn't any other software that uses it yet except in limited ways. Their goal though is to have it be the kernel for Kubotek KeyCreator though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-9  10-29  30-34