Visible lines are closing if it becomes too small

Next
Hi, I really enjoy the export function to .pdf and .ai !
Just got a problem wich I can not solve.
If the resolution is too low - it disappears with models with big and small parts in it - the visible lines become closed like in this sample of a handle.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8508.2 In reply to 8508.1 
Hi Jay, the hidden line determination works by keeping track of depth values on a pixel grid - if there aren't enough pixels then you'll get a side effect like you show there. So you can't use a low resolution image size if you want to get rid of those, you will need to use a higher resolution image to solve that.

The image size is controlled by the "Canvas megapixel resolution" option, which controls both the depth resolving pixel grid and the size of the shaded background image as well. I've thought some about having separate values for those because right now if you increase the density to get better hidden line removal it also increases file size of the PDF since it will have a big image in it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8508.3 In reply to 8508.2 
Hi Michael, thank you very much for your fast reply!
I am on a Mac OS 10.12.5. So I get the known (?) problem that I am running out of memory if I increase the Canvas megapixel resolution.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8508.4 In reply to 8508.3 
Hi Jay, yes unfortunately a high resolution does consume a lot of memory. This will be solved by the next v4 release which will be 64-bit but for now I guess the main thing you'd need to do when running into this would be to import your PDF into a 2D vector editing program and clean it up in there.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8508.5 In reply to 8508.4 
Nice to hear for v4 !! Thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options