Buy now or wait for version 4?
All  1  2-7

Previous
Next
8506.2 In reply to 8506.1 
Hi Gary, well although the first v4 beta release is getting close, that will just begin the beta testing period. The final release for v4 is still a ways out, the beta period could last anything like 6 to 12 months, it's hard to guess at how that will go exactly.

So there could be quite a while to wait yet if you wanted to wait until the v4 final release.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi there,
just as a side-note, those "betas" are quite unlike the usual betas you will find in other development cycles, as they are more or less instantly usable in everyday work and more stable than some final releases by other software developers. I'm on/into MOI since 2007 or so and the beta phase really is/was the exciting bit.
Best,
Marco(another one)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Depends on if you can wait or not and if you 'like' the beta phase or not. This entirely up to you. Have used MOI before?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi
I totally agree with Marco. If you like MoI, buy it now. Betas have always worked for me though you have the option of using MoI 3 until the MoI 4 is released and beyond. Don't wait for 6 months to a year until the next version is released.
cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
OK, OK .. you guys talked me into it. Time to pull the trigger. :o), Thanks everyone for chiming in. I have experience with Rhino3d from years ago, then I got caught up in SubD polygonal modeling (Modo/Lightwave and the LWCad plugin). So what's the upgrade pricing looking like from V3 to V4 ... down the road?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8506.7 In reply to 8506.6 
Hi Gary, I hope it will be useful for you! Upgrades from a previous version to the current one are $100.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-7