Problems with new machine

Next
I just got a new iMac and having issues with Moi. Here is what I did: copied Moi app from old machine put in applications folder on new machine copied Application Support > Moi folder to new machine. When I open Moi I need to acknowledge the license agreement every time. My setting have not come over from my other machine and changes to my preferences are not getting saved to the .ini file. I'm sure it is something I did, any thoughts on how I can repair my install?

Thanks,

-Shane

rendering . animation . oddlyeven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8497.2 In reply to 8497.1 
?
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8202.10

I'm not a Mac user, so no further comment.
- Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8497.3 In reply to 8497.1 
Hi Shane, my guess is that it's a permissions problem that's preventing MoI from writing to the moi.ini file. It's probably that your old user account has ownership of the directory and the files and you need to take ownership of those on your new machine.

Try something like this on both the Application Support/Moi folder and the files in the folder too: http://osxdaily.com/2013/04/23/change-file-ownership-mac-os-x/

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8497.4 In reply to 8497.1 
Hi Shane I would suggest you make sure that everything from your old App Support Moi folder be copied to the new machine App Support Moi folder. Also you should also copy all the Moi related preferences from the old Machine to the New App Support/Preferences folder, reboot and launch Moi. Hope this helps.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thanks for the help guys. It was related to permissions but none of the suggestions worked. I ended up deleting everything and re-installing form scratch. Then I just opened up the new .ini and pasted my old .ini info in and saved. Then I manually copied over the scripts etc from my old installation.

-Shane

rendering . animation . oddlyeven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All