creating a short cut key - Boolean

Next
My first post so apologies if this has been answered, I did search first.

Is it possible to create short cut keys, particularly for Boolean Diff but the other variants would be great also.

Petr W
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8438.2 In reply to 8438.1 
Easy! ;)
Press TAB then write BooleanDifference
or make a shortcut as usual and write BooleanDifference on the second column
(whitout space -Upper letters are not necessary)
the other are BooleanMerge, BooleanUnion, BooleanIntersection, etc...for other function if necessay!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8438.3 In reply to 8438.1 
Hi Petr, there's a list of the command names that you can put in for shortcut keys here:
http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#shortcutkeys

So for example if you want to set up D for boolean difference, go to Options > Shortcut keys and push the "Add" button, a new entry will appear at the top of the list. In the left-hand "Key" column put in D and in the right-hand command column put in the name for the boolean difference command which is BooleanDifference , note no spaces in the command name.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8438.4 In reply to 8438.2 
Thank you, will try this tonight!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8438.5 In reply to 8438.3 
Thanks Micheal! Good to meet you on the forum. I'm new to 3D but thanks to Moi & James Elliot I'm picking it up quite quickly. It's really changed the speed of how I work, so thank you for creating it.

Rather than do a separate post can you please tell me if there is a way of me being able to create a shortcut to turn all the snaps on and then all off apart from on surface. I am constantly changing between these two states and it would be amazing not to have to keep selecting them all and then undelecting them all and repeat. No problem if not, but worth asking!
Cheers
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8438.6 In reply to 8438.5 
Hi peter, I"m glad that you're getting up to speed and that MoI is being helpful for you!

For the "on surface" snap, if you right-click on the snap for "on surface", that's a built in shortcut which will turn on just that one snap and turn off all the others. Then later on when want to turn them all on right-click on it again.

It is also possible to set up a keyboard shortcut to do it too, for that copy/paste the following script code in as the command part of the shortcut key:

script: /* Switch between only onsrf osnap on or all on */ var snaps = ['objectSnapOrigin', 'objectSnapAxis', 'objectSnapEnd', 'objectSnapMid', 'objectSnapCen', 'objectSnapInt', 'objectSnapQuad', 'objectSnapPt', 'objectSnapOn', 'objectSnapOnSrf', 'objectSnapPerp', 'objectSnapTan', 'objectSnapPerpPerp', 'objectSnapTanTan']; var da = moi.drawingAids; var allon = true; for ( var i = 0; i < snaps.length; ++i ) { if ( !da[snaps[i]] ) allon = false; } for ( var i = 0; i < snaps.length; ++i ) { da[snaps[i]] = !allon; } if ( allon ) da.objectSnapOnSrf = true;

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8438.7 In reply to 8438.6 
Hi Michael,

Thank you for that though unfortunately I have no idea of how to add a script in terms of where to put it and then access it. The right click on object snap has served wonders, very well thought out in terms of usability!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8438.8 In reply to 8438.7 
http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#shortcutkeys

You have just to Press the key(s) that you have defined !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8438.9 In reply to 8438.7 
Hi peter, to set up the script first go to the Options dialog, the button for it is on the bottom toolbar right-hand side. The left-hand side of the Options dialog has different categories listed, click on the "Shortcut keys" label. Now you're in the list of shortcut keys and you can click the "Add" button to add in a new shortcut key at the top of the list.

A shortcut key is made up of 2 text fields, a "Key" field on the left column and a "Command" field on the right column. You put whatever keyboard key you want to use in the "Key" column, for example if you want this snap script to run when you push the S key then just type in S for the Key part.

Then for the Command part that's where you should paste in the script from above, highlight the chunk of text that starts with script: in your web browser, copy that then click in the Command field for your new shortcut key and paste.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All