Flow polygon object

Next
Hi Moi'ers

I sometimes import obj objects for my projects and once in a while I need to project-flow an object (Moi model) on these and as it is a polygon surface it won't work for more than one polygon in the specific area.
Therefore I usually model a simple "copy" of the polygon surface to project-flow the object on and I find it a lot time consuming and not exact.

(Think of a jacket I need to flow a pocket on)

Would it be possible to extend the flow function to work on multiple polygon surface?

Thanks

/Stardust

*Michael for Nobel Prize*
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8410.2 In reply to 8410.1 
Hi Stardust, unfortunately no I don't really see how it would be possible to do that with how Flow currently works. Surface to surface flow works by mapping from the UV structure of a base surface to a UV structure of a target surface. Multiple surfaces don't define a single UV structure anymore and so it wouldn't fit with how Flow works currently.

You might be able to get something like that done in a polygon modeling program, look into something like MeshMixer for example.

It's kind of difficult to apply polygon mesh style functions like that in MoI because the focus of MoI is on generating accurate geometry and things like discontinuities between surfaces don't really fit in well with that when they don't particularly bother a polygon mesh type program.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8410.3 In reply to 8410.1 
A base line will match up with a target polyline?

Source curve is an elastica.
Base curve is a line.
Target curve is a polyline.

- Brian

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All