AMD ProRender for V4

Next
This is only a suggestion but AMD are working on and implementing a free physically accurate rendering Engine called "Radeon ProRender" that will work on GPU and CPU and is already up and running on a number of packages and in the beta stage with Blender. From what I have seen so far it looks like being one of the best free rendering engines out there at present and would be ideal if Moi V4 could utilize it also.

Here is a link to one of many articles on AMD's "Radeon ProRender".
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/radeonpro/radeon-prorender-technology/
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8408.2 In reply to 8408.1 
Hi Michael, unfortunately there is a whole lot more to integrating rendering in MoI than just the engine alone. There is a whole lot of UI and workflow design that would need to be done as well. Because of the substantial amount of work and planning involved, it's not likely that a photorealistic render engine like that would be feasible to implement in MoI v4, sorry.

I would like to integrate some kind of rendering in MoI at some point, but at first it will probably be a very simple renderer and not focused on photo-realistic results like that.

There are also already many different rendering programs you can use in combination with MoI to do renders, that's another thing that tends to make an integrated renderer less of a priority for MoI as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8408.3 In reply to 8408.2 
Thanks for the reply Michael, maybe at some stage they will have a standalone version which would be useful to the Moi users or render the models in Blender.

I have seen a few threads that suggest that some here are using cycles with Moi and that was my main reason for the post.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All