Selection after Array

Next
Hi Michael,
I quite often want to boolean after I have constructed an object and then arrayed it. It can be a pain to select them all out of a complicated scene, would it be possible to have an option , a tick box, to select all the arrayed copies, rather than just the original, before closing the array panel, so that they could all be dealt with in the next operation?
regards Tim.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
840.2 In reply to 840.1 
Hi Tim, maybe I can figure out a way to make a keyboard shortcut that will select the new output created from any command. That would work for this situation and might be more generally useful in other places as well.

I'll give that a try after I finish tracking down some bugs I'm working on right now.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
840.3 In reply to 840.1 
Hi Tim, I was able to add a couple of simple script methods to help out with this type of selection.

This needs the latest bug fix patch which I am just about to put up.

If you update the Aug-1 release to the latest patch, you can then go to Options / Shortcut keys, and set up a new key with this command (paste this in as all one long line):

code:
script:var a = moi.command.lastCommandRevisionStart; var b = moi.command.lastCommandRevisionEnd; var objects = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects(); for ( var i = 0; i < objects.length; ++i ) { var obj = objects.item(i); if ( obj.databaseRevision > a && obj.databaseRevision <= b ) obj.selected = true; }

This will select all the objects that were generated by the last command. So for instance after you finish your array you can hit the shortcut key with this script on it, and all the results of the array will be selected. It works with any command though, not just array.

I hope this will address what you were asking for here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thanks Michael, that is great , works a treat!

regards Tim.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All