Ext. Scripts

Next
When I go to access Ext. Scripts not all of those commands I have added appear there. Why is that and can I do anything to change those?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8373.2 In reply to 8373.1 
Under your MoI3.0 command directory \ui \customui,
item 80 ExtScripts.htm refers to \mods\ExtScripts.menu.htm,
which excludes the "stock" MoI3 commands, which MoI already has
standard selection buttons for. So there is no need to have them cluttering up
the custom screen list of "added on" "non-stock" scripts.

Do NOT do the next two sentences:
To disable, make it -80ExtScripts.htm, with the minus sign.
And enable full version by removing the minus sign in front of
81 ExtScriptsFull.htm, which references \mods\ExtScriptsFull.menu.htm. (Do not do this:-)

Ext. scripts typically have an underscore prefix: _SomeScript.js, AND _SomeScript.htm,
but if they do not, and they are not excluded, they may occur at the END of the scripts which are preceeded by an underline _.

Maybe your additions are at the end, or do not have both .js and .htm preceded by a underscore _?

- Brian
(An unofficial explanation.)

EDITED: 11 Apr 2017 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8373.3 In reply to 8373.1 
Hi Mike, do you have more than 40 installed? From Max's documentation here http://moi3d.com/forum/lmessages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.1 :

ExtScripts
--------------
This addon dynamically generates list of all external scripts. Also it adds to the list some "hidden" MoI commands.
There is another version of this addon - ExtScriptsFull. It works exactly as ExtScripts, but It loads all MoI commands.
You can open ExtScripts.menu.htm(ExtScriptsFull.menu.htm) with Notepad and edit "maxlines" value ( default 40 ) to change the maximum number of lines.
By default this addon checks only /commands directory, but you can create /customui/mods/ExtScripts.cfg.htm with notepad to add any directory you want.
Example:
MOI\commands
MOI\commands\myscripts
MOI\myscripts2
D:\dir1\dir2\myscripts3

Note: As you noticed (or maybe not), I always use "_" symbol in the beginning of my scripts names. Using this trick I can easily find and manage external scripts in /command directory.
ExtScripts automatically removes "_" symbol, so "_vClone" script will be shown as "vClone".
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8373.4 In reply to 8373.3 
It's possible. I tend to install them as I see them and then try them as I can get to them.

Thank you.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All