Elemental Progressive curve Trasforms
All  1-2  3-4

Previous
Next
8305.3 In reply to 8305.1 
Hi Ivan,

re:
> I know this is a big ask, Michael. However, I believe that these functions would make
> the Array type orations infinitely more useful. And save many days of tedious fine tuning.

I'm sorry but there isn't much chance that the regular array commands in MoI would be modified to do this, it's just far too specific of a case. It's a big focus for MoI to be an easy to use program, and often times having a huge variety of options runs very against ease of use, it's easy for a user to just get overwhelmed by a huge detailed control panel for a command and then doing simple things becomes more difficult.

The main strategy for doing such a detailed and specialized type of array like you're describing would be to write a script plug-in or to use the Node editor to make a new command that is specifically tailored for your particular case. (as I write this, I see Karsten has posted an example above).

The node editor is a lot easier to get started than writing script code, so I'd probably recommend digging into that first.

For doing it in script, a way you could get jump started in that would be to use the ScriptArray.js plug-in from here as a starting template:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5595.18

But definitely with the type of detailed steps you're describing you'd want to use some kind of programmatic way to do it, you shouldn't expect the regular built in MoI array tools to do something so detailed and specialized.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Thanx guys,
I was hoping.... but deep down I knew. {:(

Nodes and Scripts... here I come!

Again thanx, Karsten and Michael.
Will keep you posted, but may take a while.

Ivan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-4