Photoscape X

Next
Hi guys,

I used to use the free Photoscape image editor as a companion to Photoshop when I still worked with Windows.

But these days I'm using a Mac, and I was wondering if Photoscape is also available for MacOS. Then I discovered there's a new version called Photoscape X, available for both Windows and MacOS.

I installed the free version, and was so enthousiastic that I bought the full version for only $29.99. I can heartily recommend it as a useful companion to Photoshop or Affinity Photo (I've switched from Photoshop to Affinity Photo a while ago). It's loaded with easy image processing functions, filters and more. You can even create animated GIFs with transitions.

Here's the link: http://x.photoscape.org

P.S.: Frenchy, you probably already knew this tool before it was created? ;)

— Metin

———————

metinseven.com — 3D (print) models • animation • characters • icons • illustration • infographics • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Photoscape X

This app has permission to do the following:
Use all system resources: May use any system resource (such as camera, microphone, or location) without further notification. You can't control app permissions for individual system resources via Windows Privacy Settings.

To see the capabilities for an app, go to the app product page in Windows Store. If you don’t want an app to use any of the features listed, you can choose not to install it.

??? WOW!, is anyone OK with that ???
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
<< you probably already knew this tool before it was created?
no sorry i had missed this one! (and surrely some others! :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Frenchy: :D

Mindset: I downloaded the app via the official Apple app store, which should give me a base layer of safety. Furthermore, if Photoscape X wants to access a folder, it asks for permission. I've also installed security measures that would warn me if Photoscape tries to do anything I wouldn't approve. So far, that didn't happen.

I've been using Photoscape for many years now. If the developer has evil intentions, that should have been known by now.

Have a nice weekend!

— Metin

———————

metinseven.com — 3D (print) models • animation • characters • icons • illustration • infographics • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8287.5 In reply to 8287.4 
Metin:

It perhaps may be difficult to distinguish between the app asking for permission to a folder or the operating system doing so.
Might you tell me more about security measures that would warn if an app tries to do anything objectionable, please?
Can these measures also block such actions?
Are there similar types of measures for the PC?

Thank you for your response,
-- Mindset
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8287.6 In reply to 8287.5 
Hi Mindset,

Sorry for my delayed reply.

I'm hesitant to publicly expose the security measures I've installed, sorry. If you don't feel safe installing Photoscape X, then don't install it. It's not a program you can't live without if you have Photoshop, GIMP or Affinity Photo. It's just a welcome and user-friendly companion app for quick filters, touch-ups, etcetera. I really like it, and personally don't have the impression that there's evil intent behind it.

All the best,

— Metin

———————

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Quote: I'm hesitant to publicly expose the security measures I've installed, sorry.

I'm speechless. :-)

Regards
Stefan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8287.8 In reply to 8287.7 
Stefan: Hahaha! ㋡

— Metin

———————

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 8287.9 deleted 9 Feb 2017 by FRACTIONALIST

Reply to All Reply to All