Blender Shader, Texture Coordinates & Magic

Next
Is there anything close to what's here: https://youtu.be/X7YUSdWDPZs (go to 16:25 in the clip)

I love the controls to make textured bump maps - what is the closest Moi3d comes to manipulating 3d patterns like this?

I have Rhino 5, KeyShot 6, Silo & of course - the latest Blender.

Cheers -

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8250.2 In reply to 8250.1 
Hi Ced, usually that type of patterned surface bumpy textures are better to do in a rendering program like you show there and not with CAD geometry which MoI is focused on. So I'd recommend doing those in Blender, not MoI.

The closest thing in MoI would be to make a pattern on a flat surface and use the Transform > Deform > Flow command: http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference8.htm#flow

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8250.3 In reply to 8250.2 
Great, appreciate that advice, funny I want to unpack Rhino5, Silo & Blender and move everything into Moi ha-ha!
Will try your suggestion - thank you
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8250.4 In reply to 8250.3 
Hi Ced, there isn't really any one single 3D program that does every kind of 3D modeling, there are a lot of different technologies that are used and each technology tends to be suited for particular kinds of models.

The technology that MoI is based on works really well for objects built from 2D profile curves with things combined using booleans, like mechanical parts. It's not as good of a fit for organic lumpy bumpy things though. Usually MoI is just not the right tool for that type of job.

Another set of programs that might be useful for you are ZBrush or 3D-Coat.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All