Selection has gone nuts!

Next
Hi

Been using Moi betas for ages now and not had any troubles. Started it up today and found that the selection highlighting and element picking has all gone crazy. Picking an object then moving the cursor over the surfaces will highlight the different faces correctly but not any of the edges. If an edge/loop does highlight it is miles away from the cursor and not the one trying to be selected. I saw there was a new beta aug-01 so downloaded and tried that, it is the same. Also tried older ones and they are the same. I've removed all moi beta versions and deleted the moi.ini in application data, to attempt a clean reinstall. It shows same problem.

I think this is a Moi rather than system/mouse issue because no other apps are showing any problems, including c4d and modo which both have similar preselection highlighting systems as Moi.

Any ideas?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Fixed

Problem was antialiasing was still enabled for some reason in the nvidia driver manager. I usually have it off except for games. Back to normal now.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
825.3 In reply to 825.2 
Hi Paul, thanks for reporting back with the fix - yes, antialiasing would mess up part of the interaction with the video card that involves selection. But I thought that I had requested that Direct3D turn off anti-aliasing for the particular operations that involve selection (which involves a rendered display that you don't see directly on the screen).

I'll double-check that when I get back from SIGGRAPH. It also may be a quirk in the video driver that it is not honoring a request for no antialiasing for one piece of processing...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All