ICONS - GUI Closed
 1-20  21-40  41

Next
I'm obsessed making ICONS for MOI3d. Would it be possible to make the ARRAY icon different than the ARRAY-GRID icon so that the design I made for the ARRAY isn't the same design that shows-up for the ARRAY-GRID icon? Below are the icons:

One is the Array Icon
The other is the Array Grid.

I also included the array one direction and array on curve and array circle icons.

EDITED: 15 Jan 2017 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Image Attachments:
Size: 9.9 KB, Downloaded: 14 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 7.1 KB, Downloaded: 5 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 4.7 KB, Downloaded: 4 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 4.8 KB, Downloaded: 3 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 14.1 KB, Downloaded: 5 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Here are a bunch of other icons:
Image Attachments:
Size: 4.1 KB, Downloaded: 1 time, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 5.3 KB, Downloaded: 2 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 5.4 KB, Downloaded: 3 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 5.9 KB, Downloaded: 3 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 5.2 KB, Downloaded: 0 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 5.5 KB, Downloaded: 1 time, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 6.4 KB, Downloaded: 1 time, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 6 KB, Downloaded: 1 time, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 4.1 KB, Downloaded: 1 time, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 6.5 KB, Downloaded: 1 time, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 3.4 KB, Downloaded: 0 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 5.2 KB, Downloaded: 1 time, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 3.8 KB, Downloaded: 2 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
Size: 5.8 KB, Downloaded: 3 times, Dimensions: 64x64px
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.3 In reply to 8236.1 
Hi Ced, thanks for sharing your images!

By default the UI is set up to use the same image for Transform > Array and Transform > Array > Grid, but you can change this by editing the UI files. To do that, use a text editor to edit the SidePane.htm file which is in the UI sub-folder (on Windows go to C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui\SidePane.htm on Mac right-click the app and choose "Show package contents" and inside there go to drive_c/moi/ui/SidePane.htm).

Inside the SidePane.htm file, find line #194 that defines the top level button for array:

code:
<td><moi:CommandButton icon="icons/ArrayIcon.png" commandset="arrays"><moi:Text textid="Array"/></moi:CommandButton></td>

Edit the attribute for icon="icons/ArrayIcon.png" to give it a unique filename (like icon="icons/ArrayIconTop.png" or whatever) so it can have its own separate icon for it.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hey! Cool! That's great! Now, where do I go to add TEXTURE to the GUI? Ha-ha! and to make the sidePanels SLIDE OUT so they can be FLOAT/ be repositioned?

GUI WISH LIST:

1. Reposition Main sidePanellBar
2. Float toolBars
3. Drop Shadow (Option checkbox) for floating toolbars.
4. Inner Shadows on Main sidePanelBar
5. Resize-Reposition & Hide options on sidePanelBar

See illustration.
Image Attachments:
Size: 935.6 KB, Downloaded: 123 times, Dimensions: 1920x1052px
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.5 In reply to 8236.4 
Hi Ced - MoI's UI was specifically designed not to have floating toolbars, because I don't like how they obscure your working area. Trying to keep things uncluttered has been a big goal. It's pretty much a fundamental idea in MoI's UI to have a reserved area at the side of the screen where most UI can be shown, so stuff like you're showing there will be kind of difficult to set up since it hasn't received any attention in the UI engine design.

It is possible to create dialogs for floating windows though, see here for an example of how to make the side pane appear in a dialog:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1173.17

Your "inner shadow" part would be done with a CSS inset box-shadow, but unfortunately the version of QtWebKit that MoI v3 uses does not support blur on shadows. It seems that this has been fixed in the newer version of QtWebKit that MoI v4 will use, so in v4 it will be possible to do something like style="box-shadow: inset 0 0 20px #000000;" for an effect like that but it won't work in the current MoI v3.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I'm 68 and my head is as hard as it gets - here's my idea of streamlined 'clean' however, I didn't add all the ICONS (you get the idea):
Image Attachments:
Size: 759.2 KB, Downloaded: 75 times, Dimensions: 1127x726px
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.7 In reply to 8236.6 
Hi Ced, you're missing text labels for the buttons (a huge improvement for browsing the UI) and you're missing one really particularly key thing which is expandability - the ability to have a few commands have a more detailed set of options without getting in the way. The regular MoI UI has the ability to put command options within the top of the dedicated side pane area, where they will not obscure your actual model. This makes it possible for MoI to "scale up" in command complexity without causing workflow problems.

In the previous modeling program that I created (Rhino) I had a UI design very much like what you're suggesting, but over time as more and more icons are added without text labels users end up confronted with a big mass of cryptic images and "browsability" becomes greatly impaired.

The MoI UI is designed to avoid problems the type of UI you are asking for tends to end up with.

Certainly there's also a personal preference to UI as well, and I can understand if you would still want to work with that style of UI especially if it's what you're already familiar with. I'm just trying to explain to you why MoI is not set up that way.

Instead of trying to re-arrange MoI's UI to try and make it a clone of Rhino, I'd recommend at least trying MoI's regular UI structure (change colors to whatever you prefer certainly) for at least a while to see how having your workspace clean and clear feels like without having stuff overlapping right on top of your drawing area all the time.

Basically you will probably end up enjoying the fast fluid workflow feel in MoI a lot more if you don't try to switch it to a different program's UI design right off the bat. That does mean trying to have an open mind and sticking with it for a little while to get over some of your baked in habits though. If you're able to make it over the hump you'll end up with increased speed and more of a fun feeling while modeling because it feels less like you're in a battle with the UI to get things done.

These concepts of "fast and fluid feeling" and "less interruptions and obscuring" and "browsability" are some big things the MoI UI is focused on.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I'm an old dog - sheeesh~! Yea, OK. (cold sweat, panic) - dug up an old bone that Michael buried in the forum and refurbished it - however - the icons are stab'n slab - just wanted a floating toolbar without the RIGORMORTIS of the mainPain which stays FIXED on the WRONG SIDE. I'm left handed. :) Be nice if it didn't look like an HTML page - more like the PhotoShop ToolBar - I'm a left-handed floater type of guy - as opposed to a slogger... (ahem).

EDITED: 28 Dec 2016 by FRACTIONALIST

Image Attachments:
Size: 363.9 KB, Downloaded: 20 times, Dimensions: 1000x548px
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Ta-da~! Here it is... all my precious SCRIPTS aligned in their own toolBar at the top of Moi3d - floating toolBar - yes!~

Attachments:

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.10 In reply to 8236.8 
Hi Ced,

re:
> just wanted a floating toolbar without the RIGORMORTIS of the mainPain which stays FIXED
> on the WRONG SIDE. I'm left handed. :)

There's an option to change the side pane to go on the left side under Options > General > "Side pane position". Set that to "Side pane position: Left".

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Is there a 'program' or software I can get to design a couple floating toolBars for all my fav scripts? I so want to have all my fav script ICONS handy - and really - the WEB look isn't great - with all that baggage sliderThing malingering around the edges like fungus. It would be wonderful to be able to download all the scripts in ONE BAG - and UNZIP into the COMMAND/UI/ICON folders and POOF! You'd have the option of CTRL+POW and up would pop your customized FLOATING TOOLBARS w/ICONS and you could place them wherever is convenient - all your MOST USEFUL scripts - near your work area - and of course, slide the icons around within the toolBars so you always had them RIGHT WHERE YOU WANT THEM without having to fly 16 hours in economy to move your cursor from Moi's east coast to China!

I didn't design icons here - they're placeHolders.

Example:

Attachments:

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.12 In reply to 8236.11 
Hi Ced, how many scripts are you going to actually be using? Many of them are pretty specialized for a specific person's problem and not really something that are used on a regular basis.

You'd probably be best off with installing the CustomUI extension from here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.1 - that will add a button on the bottom toolbar that pops up a menu with your additional scripts on it. It's far better to have scripts which are only going to be used occasionally on a menu like that rather than having a hundred buttons which are not frequently used cluttering up the top level of the UI.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I've been combing through the Moi Discussion Forum like a Racoon going through a dumpster - snatching scripts and whatever juicy tidbits I can find and stuffing them in - I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Is there any hope that we could purchase a Moi already setup with all this stuffing ALREADY INSTALLED?

If not - is there a possibility I can go after a RESELLER license and sell a version of Moi that ALREADY HAS all the WHISTLES & BELLS as well as the COOL NIGHTSTALKER GUI?

It is time consuming to FISH through the Forum Pond trying to find these gold nuggets - and then one-by-one installing them, thinking up myriad shortcut commands - etc., and my hair turned white.

What you need is a version that caters to artists with narcissistic tendencies or narcissistic personality disorder - there's a huge market out there for that.

Cheers,

Attachments:

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.14 In reply to 8236.13 
Hi Ced,

> Is there any hope that we could purchase a Moi already setup with all this
> stuffing ALREADY INSTALLED?

Yes, eventually. In the future I do want to make a plug-in browser that will make it easier to find and install plug-ins.

> If not - is there a possibility I can go after a RESELLER license and sell a version of Moi that ALREADY
> HAS all the WHISTLES & BELLS as well as the COOL NIGHTSTALKER GUI?

No, I think that could be confusing for people to have too many versions available. But in the future I do also want to also have a dark theme that would be bundled with the standard MoI install so you could switch between a couple of different UI themes.

I'm not exactly sure when these things will happen though, I have a lot more basic stuff than that which is higher priority currently.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.15 In reply to 8236.13 
Burr's two lists of Scripts and Commands, as 9 Feb 2016:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7841.6

Almost the 1 year anniversary, time for an update? Hint Hint.

- Brian

EDITED: 7 Jan 2017 by BEMFARMER

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.16 In reply to 8236.15 
Hey Brian,

""""""""""""""Almost the 1 year anniversary, time for an update?""""""""""""""""""

Wow, time flies!

I was able to keep a distant eye on things and that list remains fairly comprehensive back to around 10 years.

Its just messy. If it were categorized and documented well, it would fit well into something like this:

For me I think waiting for Michaels solution to a repository is what I'll wait for though....

I only have a couple weeks left before I am back to being a constant eyesore!!!
Attachments:

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Yes! This is what's needed - a ZIP download of all the WHISTLES & BELLS to add the gravy train to the Moi Mix! Getting all the gold nuggets off this forum is like finding a needle in a haystack! And then you are required to read through reams & reams of unintelligible drivel to find the ultimate warrior - the latest-greatest updated node - script - and after that - download each file - navigate to the commands folder - unzip la-te-da - x 50x... (yawn) and finally - at the end of the day you have Moi Plus!

Why not simplify the process for the proletarians, the sloggers?

Make one nice big fat 5# round 1940's silverscreen early depression ZIP FILE with all 10#'s of add-on scripts in it? and POOF! Done!

The lazy man's way to Moi Fat Man!

In fact - I'd be willing to PAY for that, why don't all of us contribute to the package for Michael to sell? Charge 9.99 USD for the file - and VOILA!

Myself? I'd be thrilled to make some ICONS and suggestions for the GUI interface design-skinz.
Cheers,
Cedrique Le Magnifique

Attachments:

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.18 In reply to 8236.17 
Hi Ced,

> Why not simplify the process for the proletarians, the sloggers?

That is something I'd like to do in the future - I'd like to make a script browser that you could open from within MoI which would make it easier to find and install scripts. So at some point it should be a simpler process.

Most scripts though are special purpose things that were developed to help someone with a particular problem and aren't really helpful for regular use.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael, can you make a repository where people can upload them (scripts)? Some kind of 'dropBox' where they can be downloaded and installed in one swell-foop?

In fact - if you had a 'sign-off' document - everyone could throw stuff into the pile - sign off on it - and you could sell the ADD-ON download for the 'fat-boy' Moi3d zip download for 9.99 which would be considered (I think) the community contribution towards supporting development - I doubt I'm the only one on board who would like to participate in your project.

Besides - that. I have a little difficulty moving objects into folders ha-ha. I want to HIGHLIGHT an object(s) and CHANGE FOLDER or COPY TO FOLDER - or click&drag to the sidebar - into the folder -
What do you say?

Below is the GUI to die for~ and I understand it has a worldwide, royalty-free non-exclusive license so it can be posted here. http://customize.org/site/agreement
From this website http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/65675085

Cheers,
Cederique Le Magnifique

EDITED: 13 Jan 2017 by FRACTIONALIST

Image Attachments:
Size: 1.3 MB, Downloaded: 80 times, Dimensions: 1920x1040px
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8236.20 In reply to 8236.19 
Hi Ced,

> Michael, can you make a repository where people can upload them (scripts)? Some kind of 'dropBox'
> where they can be downloaded and installed in one swell-foop?

Yes, in the future I do want to make a script browser to make it easier to browse and install scripts as I think I've mentioned before. Part of that would involve making an online storage site that would contain the scripts. I wouldn't expect for it to install 300 scripts with one button press though, you could go find ones that would be useful to you and install those particular ones. There will be quite a bit of work involved in implementing this and so I'm not exactly sure when it will get done, it's not a high priority at the moment.

> Besides - that. I have a little difficulty moving objects into folders ha-ha. I want to
> HIGHLIGHT an object(s) and CHANGE FOLDER or COPY TO FOLDER - or click&drag to
> the sidebar - into the folder -
> What do you say?

Well, MoI doesn't have anything named "Folders" in it as of yet, are you talking about styles here? You can already use the Scene Browser to assign selected objects to a style by clicking on the color swatch.

> Below is the GUI to die for

It's very nice to look at but certainly not at all appropriate for MoI - MoI is focused on being an efficient tool, it's much better if MoI's own UI does not draw excessive attention to itself with so much extraneous ornamentation like that. Something like that would be great for a game instead of a productivity oriented app like MoI.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41