Current SAT version

Next
Hi Michael,
Doing some research involving another App. Testing some file formats. Looking to verify the current SAT export version from Moi.

Listed in a SAT export from MoI is: "HarmonyWare Translators 23 HarmonyWare SAT v1.7.11 24"

Am I reading a SAT version of 23 or 24?

While you're at it, could you include the iges, step versions also?

Thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8231.2 In reply to 8231.1 
Hi Burr, it looks like the first number in the first line is the SAT version number used, so that means it's SAT version 5.00 . But reading is backwards compatible, so if an app says it uses SAT version 23 it should be fine to read in a version 5 file as well. Mostly new versions have various new entity types.

Those other version numbers are the HarmonyWare library version number for the library code itself, not the format version number.

I think the STEP version is called AP 203, or "STEP Part 203: Application Protocol for Configuration Controlled Design."

For IGES I think it's something like version 5.2 , I'm not sure if that's marked anywhere in the IGES file itself.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8231.3 In reply to 8231.2 
Thanks Michael. I saved as SAT 26 and got a blank doc in MoI. 23 works good. I thought I remembered 21 and had moved to it. Just checking.

Thanks again for the time.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8231.4 In reply to 8231.3 
No problem Burr - yeah MoI's reader isn't able to read any of the newer entity types so that's what was happening probably with the SAT 26 version. I think that the ACIS library would need to be used to read newer versions, it's difficult to exactly replicate and convert specialized entity classes.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All