3d connexion 3d mouse not working

Next
hi,

I just installed moi on the new MacBook Pro 15 and it seems that aim not able to use my 3d mouse
in moi3d, driver, demo is fine, but it just won't move bit inside moi... any ideas ??

cheers from cologne

torsten s.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.2 In reply to 8204.1 
Hi torsten, for some reason newer 3DConnexion drivers on the Mac stopped working with MoI, I don't know why and they have been unresponsive when asked about it. I should be able to investigate it for MoI v4 but for now if you install an older driver version it should work, see here for which version:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7986.1

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.3 In reply to 8204.2 
hi michael,

the old driver didn't work, it installed fine but once I want to open the panel it says "it can't be loaded"

any ideas :-(

cheers

torsten
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
to make things worse, i installed the version before 10.1.2 which resulted in the complete destruction of my system, have to reinstall sierra...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.5 In reply to 8204.4 
Driver dated 10/28/2016, and release notes are here:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html
(I have no clue)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.6 In reply to 8204.5 
doesnt work, was my first try...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.7 In reply to 8204.4 
Hi torsten, that's a bummer that the 3d connexion install trashed your system, I'm really surprised about that. I guess there have been enough changes in Sierra that the old drivers will not work anymore.

I don't know why the newer drivers stopped working with MoI, I posted a question in the 3d connexion developers forum about it quite a while ago and received no response. I kind of suspect that they may not support 32-bit apps anymore though. I don't think there is much I can do about it until MoI v4.

Right now if you want to use a 3dconnexion device with the MoI Mac version it looks like you'll have to run an older OS than Sierra, until MoI v4 is out.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.8 In reply to 8204.7 
Another option available would be to disable SIP temporarily with macOS Sierra - I can't remember how to do this specifically, but you need to boot from your recovery partition, disable SIP from there it's just a command line to type. Then reboot as normal install your 'OLD' drivers as recommended by Michael and make sure they are working as expected .... If so, then rebuild extensions and system caches, reboot and re-enable SIP from the recovery partition.

If you are using a Hackintosh then adjust the SIP settings to Booter=0x28 and CSR=0x67 via Clover or whatever boot loader you are using, this effectively disables certain parts of the SIP to enable things like unsigned kexts etc. If you're happy with a reduced security environment within OS X, then leave those settings as is, but be aware they are likely to cause problems with future updates from Apple.

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
on the new MacBook Pro 2016 moi3d is almost unusable, when you move the objects with the mouse its jumping and when you move the app windows, series graphic glitches happen... :-(

cheers

torsten
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.10 In reply to 8204.9 
Hi torsten, that might have something to do with the retina type display, where the OS tells some apps (like MoI) that the screen is actually 1/2 of its actual width and height, and then draws a stretched image. The libraries that MoI v3 and earlier are built with have some problems with that. That's another area that should get cleared up with MoI v4 as well.

For the app window movement glitches, do they go away once you actually finish moving the window?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.11 In reply to 8204.10 
yes michael they do... :-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.12 In reply to 8204.11 
Hi torsten, if the window movement glitches go away after you've finished moving, that should not really cause any difficulty itself in using the program. I know it looks gross but that's going to fall into the "cosmetic" category and it should be resolved with v4.

Can you describe a bit more about the jumpy mouse problem though? I haven't heard about that one before and that sounds like it could impact work.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
when you orbit with the mouse and make small movements it kind of jumps more than you actually move...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.14 In reply to 8204.13 
Hi torsten, does it only happen during view orbiting? What about other mouse things like drawing?

Does the jump look like the mouse cursor gets larger for a moment? Maybe you're running into this new OS feature: https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/cursor-bigger-shake-to-locate-el-capitan/

Try going to your Mac system settings under System Preferences > Accessibility > Display and turn off "Shake mouse pointer to locate", does it go away after that?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8204.15 In reply to 8204.14 
hi michael,

no I turned that feature off already, as far as I see its only while orbiting the mouse...

cheers

t.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8204.16 In reply to 8204.15 
Hi torsten, that's too bad I was hoping that was it.

Unfortunately right now I have no idea what you're running into with that - I have not been able to observe any differences in mouse orbiting behavior while running on Sierra over here, nor heard anything about it from any other users as of yet. Maybe if more people run into it I'll be able to find a common element and narrow down the cause.

Hopefully it's another glitch caused by using X11/Wineskin and will be solved by v4's native Mac build.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All