How do I fillet this thing? District9 Platform

Next
Working on a Personal Project to release on Sketchfab:

I tried to replace the platform I did in Softimage with one out of MOI.
I created a text where I extracted the Edges to project them onto the platform`s Surface. Everything went fine except for the 9. Which seems pretty hard to fillet.
Is there a way to fillet it anyway ? I tried to Draw a circle to do a sweep, but i cant seem to rotate it to the place where the failed fillet sits. Maybe you get what I mean by looking at the screenshot:

EDITED: 26 Nov 2016 by NDRAKEY

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8200.2 In reply to 8200.1 
Attach your base object here. Also, list what font you are using.

Another method may be to fillet the text first, then flow it onto the surface and boolean that in...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8200.3 In reply to 8200.1 
Hi ndrakey, is it possible for you to post the 3DM model file so I could examine the 9 more closely? It's not too unusual for fonts to have messy structures in them like little segments that are not totally smooth to the surrounding curves. It's difficult to notice something like that when the font is used for 2D print purposes but filleting is a lot more sensitive than that.

Also it may just be that the sharpness of the shape there is a problem, it might help if you would also fillet the vertical edge going downwards from the 9 in that spot to make it easier for the fillet to form a corner patch in that spot.

I could probably give you more information if I could examine the actual model though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All