First MoI model

Next
I've done plenty of 3d work over the years but mostly in architecture. Years ago I tried to get into creating vehicles by following the famous Fiat 500 tutorial. But every time I did I lost the file to either corruption, hdd crash, or some other mishap.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine left his computer with me while was away on business and let me have access to it. Installed was MoI3d and I played around with it for awhile and really enjoyed it. Compared to Rhino, which I own, it was easy and smooth more like a 3d artist program such as 3ds max, only fun.

Anyway, I restarted the Fiat 500 project using my own references and without the tutorial. It would not have worked anyway since it was a polygon-based tutorial. After all that I almost finished (had to create the interior), created a few renders and believe it or not lost the file again!

So, here it is. I thought I would share it since this project was so much fun with MoI. My little Fiat (custom design :) )with a nearly complete suspension rendered in Maxwell Render including a light 'cage'. Hopefully I will be able to afford my own version someday.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8183.2 In reply to 8183.1 
Hi makit3d, your model turned out great! You picked a difficult project for your first model, I'm glad that it worked out well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8183.3 In reply to 8183.2 
I have used Rhino and before that Microstation for years. Using MoI was easy enough that the learning curve was very small. Once I grasped the basics of the tools it wasn't too difficult to get started on the Fiat. I did play around with a few tutorials to get a better understanding of MoI (such as the ferrari videos) which made the transition rather easy.

-Richard
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8183.4 In reply to 8183.3 
Very nice model...