Help!CustomUI set up problem

Next
Just start learn this tool, Help me ?

As picture
copy customui files into moi folder,cover some file.
When open moi , see this screenshot.

TypeError:Result of expression moi.filesystem.getUIDir' [undefined] is not a function
moi://ui/customui/customInit.js line4
Image Attachments:
Size: 38.1 KB, Downloaded: 130 times, Dimensions: 493x356px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Message 8164.2 deleted 5 Nov 2016 by BEMFARMER

Previous
Next
8164.3 In reply to 8164.1 
Hi uuffoo3333, you'll get that error if you're trying to install CustomUI on an older version of MoI like version 2. CustomUI requires MoI version 3 to work, that error is when part of the CustomUI is trying to call a function that is only part of MoI v3 and it's missing in v2.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8164.4 In reply to 8164.3 
This is indeed the problem, thxxxxx u- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8164.5 In reply to 8164.4 
same here sir Michael I just downloaded the V3 trial I got the same error :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8164.6 In reply to 8164.5 
Hi Romi, if you get that same error it means you have the same problem described above, that you're trying to install it on MoI version 2 while it requires version 3.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8164.7 In reply to 8164.5 
Hi Romi,

"""""""""""""same here sir Michael I just downloaded the V3 trial I got the same error"""""""""""""""""""""""

Where did you download the trial from?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Dear auxiliary lunatic asylum: this is music to my ears - really - another person wants to mod the GUI - well, there's at least two of us with good taste! (*snark snark) - however - it seems pointless to bundle everything together with instructions on how to totally customize with downloadable goodies e.g. hotkeys, nodes, scripts & png's in zips & options for elephant etc., help folder links to helpful websites which contain content - (*nixed 10x) as well as fully descriptive htm includes notes embedded in SidePane.htm (*nixed 10x) and a descriptive accompanied Pdf (*nixed 10x) - with v4 x # of mo away...

My Moi is a beauty now:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8164.9 In reply to 8164.8 
Hi Ced, it's poor forum etiquette to repeatedly post long messages filled with the same content and images over and over and over again in many different threads.

Please stop doing that.

If you want someone to know about your stuff, it might be reasonable to post a short message with a link in it to one of the many previous messages that contains all your images and commentary in it.

Thanks, - Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
>"It's poor forum etiquette to repeatedly post 'long' messages filled with the 'same content' and images over and over and over again in many different threads".

So much for being kind to newcomers - ha-ha! This is not the 'same' message sent to two different news groups - nor off topic - it was new material made expressly personalized for this person to help them (a personalized reply)

IN DEFENSE OF POSTING 'LONG' messages.
1. What are this forum's definition: 'LONG VS SHORT' message, please?
2. 'Same content' in relation to what? The TITLE = SUBJECT of the forum - or
3. 'Same content' as other thread SUBJECTS titled = CUSTOM GUI - WISH LIST - HELP CUSTOM GUI SETUP etc?

>"Please stop doing that...".
4. In other words, if I write an original post regarding GUI MOD - and make new - original PNG images - it's considered a REPOST if/when I post it on a NEW THREAD on THAT SUBJECT?

5. FYI - I made NEW SCREENSHOTS - and posted them separately - (new illustrations) & I wrote a completely NEW post - (not copied & pasted) from another thread.

6. I also felt, since this person was having a SETUP problem - (and I had many setup problems) it seemed APPROPRIATE to write a NEW REPLY to him with NEW IMAGES in regarding THAT SUBJECT.

>"If you want someone to know about your stuff..."
7. Actually, the intended purpose was to show him ways POSSIBLE to do a GUI mod... not 'show him my stuff'.

>"It might be reasonable to post a short message with a link in it".
8. "Actually - I looked at my old messages, and felt that - unfortunately - they weren't appropriate - they wouldn't serve as a thoughtful - detailed - helpful response - in which case I made:
a) New PNG's
b) Wrote a fresh pertinent original piece with the intention of being HELPFUL and CLEAR.

>"to one of the many previous messages that contains all your images and commentary in it".
9. No other piece (IMO) was appropriate serving as a thoughtful reply - therefore I wrote A NEW PIECE w/ NEW IMAGES.

Question:
Now that I've expressed my intent - and it took me 1/2 hour to make the screenshots - and I put careful thought into how to best HELP him with his MOD GUI - seeing that I have MUCH EXPERIENCE in modding this GUI - it sounds like you don't want me to post new images on my favorite subject - GUI CUSTOMIZATION - in NEW THREADS - which are titled CUSTOM GUI - yes or no?

PS I've read several FORUM ETIQUETTE posting tips - and NOWHERE did I find that it would be inappropriate to post (what I posted) unless it falls into one of these following categories, might I ask where posting FRESH NEW IMAGES & new CONTENT under an APPROPRIATE SUBJECT violates FORUM ETIQUETTE - please - answer me and I will be wiser, thank you:

FORUM ETIQUETTE "Generally Accepted Rules of Forum Etiquette"
1. Safety of the forum - posting personal info - address or phone# of someone else.
2. Calling persons an idiot or a profane name -
3. Trolling - call people names, gossip about other posters, post things that are deliberately provocative.
4. A post that is entirely ALL caps - although some words in CAPS are acceptable for emphasis.
5. Flaming - throwing around PERSONAL insults -
6. Use proper writing style -
7. Participate -
8. Stay on topic

Are you suggesting I'm posting THE SAME MATERIAL over & over (*I'm not - I make new material appropriate for each reply as my MOD GUI evolves & changes). They all look the same to you?

Are you suggesting I'm OFF TOPIC? The person is interested in a MOD GUI - in HELP with it - which is my heartfelt interest - and that's why I took the time to HELP.

Also - there are 10,000+ posts on this forum about MOD GUI - MOD SCRIPTS - MOD HOTKEYS - MOD everything - this forum is quite resplendent full of MOD subject titles - THAT'S WHY I like Moi3d.

The fact is that I consider your work to be like a machine - like a race car engine & race car running gear - and everyone here seems inspired to ADD souped-up ADD-ONS - that's what (to me) makes this forum interesting - is the INNOVATION -

You want me to do what exactly?

You know I live in China? I love it here - it's a godsend to be around so many skilled people - and this forum is chock-full of skilled people - that's why I'm here!

Perhaps you can send me a clear guideline on how to make NEW IMAGES & WRITE NEW MATERIAL for an APPROPRIATE post - so that it isn't censored - and so I'm not banned by the method that BEEHIVE WEB FORUMS bans people - which is by making their posts INVISIBLE to others - sort of like what Burrman suggested you add to this forum - "Can you make some users invisible for me..." he wrote something like that - for reasons known only to him - he didn't expand on his reasoning.

I desire to be part of this forum - however - I've always been aware I'm a 'colorful' person - and I love the innovative MODDING of the GUI - because the software TOOLS are HOT!

So - you want to turn an artist into a bean counter? Ha-ha!

Cheers,
Ced

Truly funny shot of me with a friend in southern mainland China! Been here 5yrs -
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8164.11 In reply to 8164.10 
Ced, that was further poor etiquette in response to my warning, I'm afraid you're past the limit of my patience and I'll have to ban you from the forum now. I've received too many complaints from other users.

- Michael

EDITED: 18 Mar 2017 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 8164.12 deleted 19 Mar 2017 by ROMIMOI2017

Message 8164.13 deleted 19 Mar 2017 by ROMIMOI2017

Reply to All Reply to All