How to add Transform > Align icons to bottom of screen?

Next
I've been using the Transform > Align functions so often that I'd like to place the six "Pick alignment point" icons at the bottom of the screen (left of the Options icon, as I've seen on some user's screen shots.

I can find the instructions to create the keyboard shortcuts, but not how add the icons. I have the latest version of MoI.

Ed Ferguson
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8146.2 In reply to 8146.1 
Hi Ed, that's the "CustomUI" mod by Max, you can get it here http://moi.maxsm.net/media/files/

Find the one there named CustomUI.1.03.win.mac.zip to make sure you have the latest.

You need to unzip it and then copy everything that was in it to C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0

Note that is the main MoI directory where MoI.exe is at, not in the commands folder. If you have copied it right it will ask you if you want to overwrite one existing file and say yes to that, that's what has the custom bottom toolbar.

Hope this helps!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks Michael - That's the one. Very useful to have the alignment tools exposed.

I create a lot of sub-assemblies, and because there is no grouping function, I align using "Move as group" the majority of the time.

Is there a way to make the "Move as group" checkbox enabled as the default when MoI opens?

Ed Ferguson
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8146.4 In reply to 8146.3 
Hi Ed, yup it's possible to make "Move as group" to be enabled by default. To do this, edit the file Align.htm which is in the commands folder. Find the line near the end that makes the "Move as group" checkbox and add an attribute default="true" on it so it looks like this (you can copy/paste the following line over top of the current one):

code:
<moi:CheckButton id="MoveAsGroup" default="true"><moi:Text textid="Align move as group checkbox"/></moi:CheckButton>

With that added it should start out checked.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thanks Michael - works perfectly.

In general I'm not a fan of program modifications due to possible issues when upgrading to the next version, but Max's stuff is well designed. Having frequently used functions like Alignment visible at all times is a big help.

Ed Ferguson

EDITED: 26 Oct 2016 by EDDYF

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All