How do i get 2d drawing from moi to inkscape? (logo)
All  1-7  8-10

Previous
Next
8142.8 In reply to 8142.7 
Hi Marc,

re:
> Some programs preserve layers as groups in the PDF, it might be a workaround but I have
> no idea how much work would be involved.

There is a thing in PDF called "optional content groups", and MoI's PDF export does set those up currently. They will show up in Adobe Reader's layer palette where you can hide and show them.

But Adobe Illustrator does not seem to read them in as layers when opening a PDF file, I'm not sure about other software.

If I remember right, the PDF "optional content groups" don't quite match up exactly to regular layers because of stuff like an object can belong to more than one of them I think.

If you have an illustration program that can round trip layers to a PDF file, can you please e-mail me (moi@moi3d.com) a simple example file (like with just a couple of lines on a couple of different layers) so I can take a look at how it's structured?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8142.9 In reply to 8142.2 
I heartily second Marco's Affinity Designer advice. It's much less bloatware than the old Illustrator dinosaur, and much easier to learn and to work with.

By the way, I noticed that when exporting a vector file from Affinity Designer to import in MoI, EPS works best, as opposed to PDF when transferring from MoI into Affinity Designer.

— Metin

———————

metinseven.com — 3D (print) models • animation • characters • icons • illustration • infographics • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8142.10 In reply to 8142.9 
Hi Metin,

> "I heartily second Marco's Affinity Designer advice"

I can say that as soon as Affinity Designer for Windows will be officially released certainly it will replace my Illustrator for almost all jobs!

Or at least, I will keep using Illustrator only for that particular cases where Affinity it's not yet mature.

> "By the way, I noticed that when exporting a vector file from Affinity Designer to import in MoI, EPS works best, as opposed to PDF when transferring from MoI into Affinity Designer."

I never tried export in EPS from Affinity but simply copy/paste vector objects from Affinity to Moi work like a charm in almost all situations.

Best,

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8-10